Use cases for Customer Success?

Becky Staker
Becky Staker Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Hello! We are new to PipeDrive as our CRM and while we are building for our sales efforts, I'd like to optimize for customer success as well. Would love to hear any use cases/ examples of information you are tracking from a CS/renewal/expansion perspective.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Becky Staker !

Welcome to Pipedrive and to our community, we're very happy to see you're already looking to make the most of it. 🙂

I took the liberty of tagging your post with the "Customer Success" topic so it has more visibility. Check out these tips from other users who've had the same question as you before. 

Take a look at this article from our blog too, you'll find a lot of useful information there.

• Becky Staker
    Becky Staker Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020 #3

Hi @Becky Staker !

Welcome to Pipedrive and to our community, we're very happy to see you're already looking to make the most of it. 🙂

I took the liberty of tagging your post with the "Customer Success" topic so it has more visibility. Check out these tips from other users who've had the same question as you before. 

Take a look at this article from our blog too, you'll find a lot of useful information there.

Thanks, doesn't seem too promising

• From a customer service perspective such as managing issues that need to be followed up on I would recommend a separate pipeline called "Cases". when a customer reports an issue that needs to be addressed create a deal for it and run it through the stages you crate in that Cases pipeline. For renewals if you have say annual contracts I would recommend having a renewal category in your field that tracks lead source. Example: Google, website, trade show, existing client, referral, Renewal.

For expansion with existing clients we would just track those in the Sales pipeline but we have a custom deal details field defining what service the deal is relevant to based on department or profit center: Example: Landscape maintenance, Landscape Construction, Snow, Enhancement. We use the Deal label field for this. if your offerings are more complex you could create a filed called upsell, or add-on and list all the items you may be trying to upsell. That item would be selected in that deal. Maybe your situation it would make sense to have that be a multiple option field where you add multiple products to that single deal. General we create separate deals for each service we are potentially selling a single client site. Hope that helps.