Multiple Labels for contacts and organizations.

Jorge Martínez Marbán
Jorge Martínez Marbán Member Posts: 39
5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

It would be great to have multiple labes for contacts and organizations. I know that I work around is custom fields, but they are not as visual as labels. 

A good example for labels in organizations would be:

Company A: Label 1 buy procuct "semilla", Label 2 Interested in product "tierra" No potencial IN product "zamilla"

When a rep is on the phone this information is visual to other sales people, they can divide prospecting campaigns for each one

52 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Schlegel
    Schlegel Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #2

Hi there

I want to use the standard label field as multiple choice. Is there any chance to do so as I have contacts that should be labeled as client and freelancer at the same time. Currently i only can decide either to be a client or a freelancer but not both.

Thanks in advance

Tobi

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited March 6 #3

Hi @Schlegel 

This was being shared here as well: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/5e8d0a2366897516edffa9c8

It's in the backlog for our team but no immediate plans at the moment.

• Schlegel
    Schlegel Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #4

Hi @Schlegel 

This was being shared here as well: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/5e8d0a2366897516edffa9c8

It's in the backlog for our team but no immediate plans at the moment.

Ok...thanks for the answer. I think this would be amazing as it helps to have a focus on people which is important in all services industries...so i do not have to have different data sets for one person. That makes master data management a mess otherwise :)

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #5

Thank you for your feedback and for illustrating your use case so clearly, @Jorge Martínez Marbán ! We've made sure it reaches the team for consideration.

• Blair Bondar
    Blair Bondar Member Posts: 9
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023 #6

Is there a way to have more than one label per contact?

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 6 #7

Hi Blair,

Currently there is no way to have more than one label per contact. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited March 6 #8

Hi @Blair Bondar 

What Boris says is right. I've passed on your feedback though internally. In the meanwhile you could try a custom multiple- or single option field to create more labelling options, these are however without visual indicators, but you can still filter on the value in the fields.

Have a great day!

• Dave Auwarter
    Dave Auwarter Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #9

Being able to assign multiple labels for contacts and organizations would be very helpful. It looks like it can be done with Leads currently.  Thanks!

• Jono Pinsky_6710
    Jono Pinsky_6710 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #10

@Mike van der Valk Ditto to what @Boris Tsibelman said...

A standard feature allowing more than one label is essential for us. We will implement a custom field for now, but it seems like individual contacts could often fit into more than just one category for lots of users.

• Jono Pinsky_6710
    Jono Pinsky_6710 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #11

Hi @Inês Batata 

Any updates on this as a new feature? I've seen a few posts in different threads over the last few months. Thanks!

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #12

Hi @Inês Batata 

Any updates on this as a new feature? I've seen a few posts in different threads over the last few months. Thanks!

Hi @Jonathan Pinsky ! I'm double-checking with the team and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #13

Hi @Inês Batata 

@Jonathan Pinsky I've just heard back from our team and we have discussed this but unfortunately it is not in our plans right now.

• Phil Cowie
    Phil Cowie Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14

@Inês Batata This would be extremely helpful as a feature as 1 label per contact seems extremely limiting. Please do give it some more consideration.

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #15

@Inês Batata This would be extremely helpful as a feature as 1 label per contact seems extremely limiting. Please do give it some more consideration.

@Phil Cowie  At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, take these tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Paolo_5232
    Paolo_5232 Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #16

Hi there, there's no sense to have 1 label only. Why? What's the value compared to a custom field then? Maybe I am missing the point?

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #17
    Paolo said:

Hi there, there's no sense to have 1 label only. Why? What's the value compared to a custom field then? Maybe I am missing the point?

@Paolo The value compared to a custom field is that you can always see the label right next to the contact's name in detail view. At the time of development, we estimated that one label would be enough but we've gotten some feedback that multiple labels would be even better and we understand what you mean.

We appreciate your feedback and I’ll discuss your comments with our team and share your concerns. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately. Thank you for your understanding.

• Felix Karlsson
    Felix Karlsson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #18

I would also very much appreciate multiple labels per person, organization, and deal. 

We use Zapier to Persons, Organizations, Deals that purchase through our web and also from various forms. Multiple tags would make it much easier instead of creating labels like "lead-from-web-product-A" and "lead-from-web-product-B" <- just a stupid example, but this is what we end up with since we can't use multiple Labels.

• Daniel Smith_16886
    Daniel Smith_16886 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #19

Hi,

I'm currently considering changing my organization over to Pipedrive. We're currently trialing it, and being restricted to one label per contact is coming as an issue we'd need to work around. I would great to see this change, or at least know that a change isn't too far in the future.

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2021 #20

Hi,

I'm currently considering changing my organization over to Pipedrive. We're currently trialing it, and being restricted to one label per contact is coming as an issue we'd need to work around. I would great to see this change, or at least know that a change isn't too far in the future.

HI @Daniel Smith , thank you for your input and we're happy to hear you're considering adopting Pipedrive for good!

I can see how that would be useful and it might be coming in the future, but at the moment there are no short term plans for it. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. We will make sure however our team will consider your suggestion.

As a workaround I suggest creating a multiple option custom field and using that instead of the single-option default labels. Learn more about this here:

• Jeremy Freeman
    Jeremy Freeman Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #21

Agreed - we need more than one label for different contacts.  

• Joseph Cockroft
    Joseph Cockroft Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #22

I'd love this feature also.

• Nick Zeckets
    Nick Zeckets Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #23

This is critically valuable. It seems like a basic feature and not a big dev lift. +1

• Robert Pik
    Robert Pik Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #24

Hallo, I am in trial now considering your CRM. Missing multiple labels for contacts is huge disadvantage. In comparation it is part of lead labels, so please add also to contact. Thank you!

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #25

Hallo, I am in trial now considering your CRM. Missing multiple labels for contacts is huge disadvantage. In comparation it is part of lead labels, so please add also to contact. Thank you!

Thank you for your feedback @Robert Pik ! We're happy to have you with us and I've made sure the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Hamish Smyth
    Hamish Smyth Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #26

+1 to add this feature

• Robert McFeely
    Robert McFeely Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 6 #27

Absolutely.  Labels are almost useless unless I can add multiple labels.  Silly really

• Jeremy Freeman
    Jeremy Freeman Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #28

Pipedrive - this must be a simple thing to initiate?

• Olivier Lanctôt
    Olivier Lanctôt Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2021 #29

Hello Pipedrive team,  

I'll just want to put  my 2 cent on this feature, please note that with a lot of your competitor (example ZOHO) you have  a really good amount of LABEL you can add to a deal . 

We are a manufacturer dealing with a distributor, sometimes we have ONE deal with an end user quoting with multiple distributor (2 to 4 sometimes more) . What can be our option with pipedrive ?  We are at the end of our trial and it could help us completing our choice.... 

Thanks for your answer , Best regards 

• Brian Petersen
    Brian Petersen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #30

+1 on this feature. Weird restriction.

• Xavier Kluyskens
    Xavier Kluyskens Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #31

I agree to add this feature