Hi Community, we’re trying to populate products (ideally with descriptions of what’s included in a p

Hi Community, we’re trying to populate products (ideally with descriptions of what’s included in a product) in Pipedrive with a view to being able to pull through the descriptions along with pricing and quantities into either a Sales Documents Template or into our external proposal app (currently Qwilr). It doesn’t seem that when you append a description to a product (in the Products Section) that it pulls through anywhere within a Deal to be exported. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to export externally?
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Michael_599
    Michael_599 Posts: 20
    edited September 2020 #2
    not that I've seen. we also thought that the description/note field would be available in the new docs feature
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,388 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited October 2020 #3
    Hi @Stephen Dorling currently this doesn't pull in, but I see where you're coming from. I've notified our team to take a look at your suggestion and added the "feedback" tag to your post.
  • Guilherme Moura_21
    Guilherme Moura_21 Posts: 14
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Employee
    edited July 3 #4

Hi @Stephen Dorling , thanks for your comment :). In the products section, one can use the field "description" to predefine a description for a given product. This field can also be used as a placeholder in a documents template. See images attached. Is this what you were looking for? Or you meant the product "yellow" notes, editable on the deal level?

https://community.pipedrive.com/user/stephend

5f7b680b40b02a339bb16213_98235.png
    5f7b6853c2847e4f4a59f3be_35550.png
    5f7b6825993f8368c239a2b6_76959.png