Do You need custom fields like Date / Date Range / Time / Time Duration / Product Notes when adding

Do You need custom fields like Date / Date Range / Time / Time Duration / Product Notes when adding products to a DEAL?
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2
    Hi @Martin Pfeiffer so you're referring being able to add info to those fields when creating the deal? You can already adjust the add deal form to include certain custom fields. Some however now you'd have to change in the deal/product after creating it.
  • Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Posts: 86
    5 Up Votes
    edited July 1 #3
    Thanks Mike for your response.

I have been in long conversations with the support team therefore and I have been asked to arrange a zoom call (will do next week...) with the product team to understand the true nature of our request.

In short is really simple: As a media service provider we offer a multitude of services besides your existing product fields we need flexible fields which are different with every deal and with every quote:
    " date/timings/duration/service description " and all of these fields need to be flexible when I add relevant products to a deal, as I want to be able to change it from the deals page and not manually inside the created document.
    And am yet to figure out what might be the best work around with custom fields...?
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited October 2020 #4
    @Martin Pfeiffer thanks for clarifying, I understand you'll talk with our team working on that area soon, good luck! Hopefully we can improve it for you in the future.