Am I the only one who wants to be able to create deals from person created automatically and have al

Am I the only one who wants to be able to create deals from person created automatically and have all fields transfer over, INCLUDING single option fields so I can use them also for insights? Who wants this feature? :)
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Suzanne Van de Ven
    Suzanne Van de Ven Posts: 35
    edited February 2021 #2
    I could see this being a good use case depending on your pipeline set up. So right now our pipelines are set up to only go after those who are "qualified". However, if you have some early stages in your pipeline like an interest or new prospect bucket as your first stage I think this could be very useful especially until Leads Inbox is set up fully. Have you take a look at automations in pipedrive? It looks like this automation template exists. It's under Templates, Then "Add Deals", it's called "Every time a new person is added create a deal."
  • Yuval_26773
    Yuval_26773 Posts: 5
    edited February 2021 #3
    The automation exists and can be created as well. the problem is that the automation does not pull the existing information from the person to the deal if its not open text. since insights only reports on deals and not 'leads' i am having to do a lot of improvs to get reporting on the whole cycle
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2021 #4
    Thanks for sharing @Yuval. I'd like to share it with our team but I hear you talk about deals, leads, contacts, automation, custom fields and insights reporting... could you explain to me what problem it is you're trying to solve?
  • Yuval_26773
    edited February 2021 #5
    Thanks @Mike van der Valk . The core problem is the insight reporting. to report on a custom field, you need to have it be NOT open text, so it has to be single option lets say.. when i create a deal, the way they are created (again because of how the platform works) the through my process is the following:
    FILL OUT WEB FORM > ZAPIER PASSES INFORMATION > PERSON IS CREATED IN PIPEDRIVE > AUTOMATION IN PIPEDRIVE CREATES DEAL FROM PERSON.
    when the deal is created automatically, the single option fields on the person are not transferred over even if asked to. this creates the problem of having a deal without the necessary fields added automatically, and thus creates manual work to add the field so we can use in insight reporting. hope that answers your question.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #6
    @Yuval gotcha, will pass that on to our team! I guess the only workaround for now is to also use Zapier to create the deal and pass on person values to the deal. Just need to make sure you set up the right custom fields on the deal level as well.
  • Yuval_26773
    edited February 2021 #7
    Thanks @Mike I tried that as well but there apparently is a bug on Pipedrive that is not letting it work either through your own automation or through zapier.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #8
    @Yuval have you reached out to our support team? Perhaps there's an expert there that can understand what's happening, for me it's hard to troubleshoot now sorry..