Transformation of existing pipeline

Options
Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I would like to make a complete transformation of one of our pipelines. In a way, to redo our deals to another structure etc. For now, each deal represented company - but that is not effective, so I will be splitting it into more smaller deals etc. 

Ideally I would like to test it first, how it will work - but ideally with our real data. I want to to as if you would recommend me to duplicate current pipeline and build it there or test in in Sandbox - but not sure if I can import there some real data. What do you think? How you do the transformation?

Tagged:

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

You can download a portion of your existing deals data. Map them to the stages in the new Pipeline. And then, import them as new deals in Pipedrive.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #3
    Options

You can download a portion of your existing deals data. Map them to the stages in the new Pipeline. And then, import them as new deals in Pipedrive.

Hi @Martin Pecha !

@Amit Sarda 's suggestion is a good one. CHeck out these articles if you need a refresher on exporting and importing data into Pipedrive:

Have a great week!

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options

thanks both of you for your effort! But I think I am looking for slightly different need - I have the pipeline with deals - and I need to make a new pipeline and basicaly decompose these deals into multiple deals etc. there - and see how it behaves, when I moving deals around, how pipedrive reacts and if this make sense, if it is well connected to the organisations etc. I believe that this I cannot unfortunately do via export and import 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #5
    Options

so my question is basically - if I duplicate the pipeline with all deals, split them, play with them in this new pipeline etc. and then delete this pipeline with all duplicated deals, if it makes sense and if it wont crash anything

• Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

We ask for many years the possibility to duplicate a complete pipeline. Unfortunately it is not the prio to pipedrive.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #7
    Options
    Jan Bons said:

We ask for many years the possibility to duplicate a complete pipeline. Unfortunately it is not the prio to pipedrive.

I can see it now, was somehow expecting that it can be done..

• Justin Stephens
    Justin Stephens Member Posts: 27
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #8
    Options

My opinion on something like this is to do it in your real system - my belief is that you can always fix something if it goes wrong, and if it doesn't you don't have to recreate it in your live environment later!