Integration between Apollo.io and Pipedrive

Wesley_49026
Wesley_49026 Member Posts: 25
First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2023 in Apps and Integrations #1

I work effectively with Apollo.io (sourcing and cold mailing) and Pipedrive (crm). However, a native integration between Apollo.io and Pipedrive is lacking. I would love to have all companies I outreached to automatically in Pipedrive (lead stage). Does anyone has a clear workaround? Or in case you make use of the native integrations between Klently/Outplay: what tool do you use to source leads?

Answers

• @Wesley_49026 There is no native integration like there is with Hubspot or Salesforce in Apollo, but I think you should be able to set this up using Make/Integromat or Zapier easily.

• Wesley_49026

Thanks Amit for responding. It is possible with Make/Integromat - I let someone built an integration for me. However, for every new campaign created, you have to set up a new integration.. Still hoping for Apollo/Pipedrive to build smth native!

• Maddie DuBois
    Maddie DuBois Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi @Wesley_49026 I am currently building out the SDR platform using Apollo and Pipedrive and if you'd be willing I'd like to see how you are managing this with Pipedrive and Apollo. Would you be open to chatting this week?

• Wesley_49026

@Maddie DuBois that would be amazing :) Pls reach out to me with a scheduler link or smth via wesley@weplayesports.com. Thanks a lot!

• @Maddie DuBois - love to hear potential timeline on this as we are looking at Apollo in April and dont want to have to switch crm

• Leo_81277
    Leo_81277 Member Posts: 14
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes

plus one from our side. native apollo + pipedrive integration and synch of contacts and organizations would be great!

• Simon Hakim
    Simon Hakim Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@Wesley_49026 how did you go with this? I'm also trying to connect apollo.io with pipedrive. I just want to use it to push new contacts from apollo to pipedrive. But getting stuck on the API Key.

• Simon Hakim

@Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz I'm going to give Make a go. See if it works.

• Leo_81277

Hi all,

I am trying to make it work with make, but I am not able to match the organizations of the contacts when I push them from apollo to pipedrive. I am creating a contact in apollo ("save") and this creates a person in pipedrive. However the organization field is empty and I am not able to match it with the organization I already have saved in pipedrive.

Anyone knows how to make this work? :)

• Simon Hakim

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it work. Despite all the days and hours, I've spent on it. Being so difficult to do something that should be so simple is a sign of trouble. I'm thinking I might run two systems independently. I.e. use apollo.io for leads and lead reach out. And then when I get some traction, I push it into Pipedrive. How I do that though? I'll work that out at the time.

• Leo_81277

Hi Simon, I actually used integrately now and it works pretty well. The setup and testing took like an hour for creating contacts as is is pretty easy to map everything.

Still, @pipedrive please make an official integration so the sync and update works boths ways well or at least apollo -> pipedrive.

• Simon Hakim

Thanks for letting me know Leo. Are you able to walk us through your steps or do a little video that can be shared? I'd really appreciate it.

• You will have to first find/create organization and then link the person with the organization.

• Hi guys, Is there already a simple solution out there? Would absolutely love to attach apollo to pipedrive, and always get a new lead form automatically when someone replies.

• Wesley_49026

Not for my information, but still keen to hear more about it :-).

• Hey folks.

Our solution - Make - can help here. Make is a highly visual, easy to use no-code workflow automation solution with pre-built connectors for over 1,500 SaaS solutions, including Pipedrive and Apollo.

You can build simple or complex fully-automated workflows and can use if/then/else branching as well as array manipulation and iteration. All without needing to write a single line of code!

There's a free (forever) plan that's suitable for small workloads. Paid plans start at $9/month.

If you've got any detailed questions, give me a shout here - happy to help!

@Wesley_49026 - I noted your earlier comment that you needed a new Make scenario for every new campaign - that needn't be the case if the scenario is designed correctly! Happy to discuss further if you have questions.

• Simon Hakim

I tried to connect Apollo to Pipedrive using Make with very little success. I tried following all the instructions that were shared across the inter-webs and gave up after days and days of trying. @David Gurr (Make.com) I'd love to know how to integrate them.

• @Simon Hakim if you can share the specifics of your use-case, I'd be happy to help.

At minimum, from what you've described I guess you'd need to trigger the scenario when an Apollo contact is updated?

You then might want to check if the Person and/or Organization already exist in Pipedrive, and if not, create them.

Then you'd create the Lead in Pipedrive for that Person.

• Brad BMS
    Brad BMS Member Posts: 2

@David Gurr (Make.com)

Hey there David,

I think I'm trying to do the same as most others (maybe not).

I'm trying to do a simple integration from Apollo to Pipedrive. When I access a clients contact info (email), I'd like this to trigger to then create a lead in Pipedrive with all the information from that newly unlocked contact.

Maybe the trigger could be Assign? Then that contact info gets ported over?

Am I off base on how this could work?

Thanks in advance

• Hey @Brad BMS

The only difficult part is in defining exactly what you want to happen as a result of what actions. Everything after that is usually fairy easy!

• When you say "access a client's contact info (email)" do you mean that some information in the Apollo contact record is being updated? If you just mean access as in "viewed" - that's not possible. There's nothing on the Apollo contact record that indicates the last time it's been viewed, so no external system would be able to take any action as a result.
    • When you mention an "unlocked contact", what exactly are you referring to? Does this relate to a contact stage in Apollo?
    • When you say "maybe the trigger could be Assign", what does this refer to?

Cheers

• Brad BMS
    Brad BMS Member Posts: 2

Hey there @David Gurr (Make.com)

Thanks for getting back to me.

In Apollo, when I'm searching contacts, I can use a credit to "Access Email" which then shows me their contact info. I'd love if when I do that action, it would port that email and contact info over to Pipedrive as a new lead.

As far as the "Assign", in Apollo, you can select a contact and Add To List -> Pick a list to assign to.

I'm thinking either of those options would be great triggers for the outcome being to create a new lead in Pipedrive and input all of the unlocked contact info

• Hi @Brad BMS

I don't think there's any way to do it with Lists - they're not accessible through the Apollo API.

But it looks like you can do it on accessing the email.

When you search in Apollo, you're searching for what (in their API) they call People. When you click "Access Email & Phone Number", Apollo then creates a corresponding Contact record based on the search result.

Make can watch for new Contacts and then take whatever action you want, including creating a Lead in Pipedrive (after creating a suitable Pipedrive Person record to attach the Lead to).

In Make, that would look something like this:

When you Create a Person you'd "map" the results from the Apollo Watch New Contacts module:

And when you Create a Lead, you'd use the ID returned by the Create a Person module:

If this looks interesting, step 1 is to sign up for a Free Make subscription (no credit card required). It will walk you through a few steps to start you off, but if you need more help post in the Make Community. It's as friendly as the Pipedrive one, so you'll be very welcome!

• @David Gurr (Make.com)

I would like to understand the pricing of Make if I create the integration between Apollo and Pipedrive using it

• The pricing would depend on the volume of data you're passing through Make/Integromat or Zapier.

Make/Integromat has many tiers and you can purchase a bunch of operations under each tier.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Newsletter: FREE Pipedrive Tips

Resources: Pipedrive Training Videos | 50+ Pipedrive Add-ons | Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples

• Jacob Bank
    Jacob Bank Member Posts: 17
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi @Wesley_49026 @Simon Hakim @Brad BMS @Pedro Trujillano If you're still looking for a solution for this, I work at Relay.app, which is an alternative to Zapier and Make. I think there's a good chance that for this Apollo -> Pipedrive connection, we can be cheaper and easier to use. You can get started here: https://www.relay.app/apps/apollo/integrations/pipedrive and let me know if you run into any issues!

• @Pedro Trujillano To add to Amit's notes, the number of operations you'd use per month would be roughly linked to the number of Apollo leads you expect to process in a month multiplied by the number of steps in the scenario.

For example, the scenario I included in my response to Brad earlier uses 3 operations per run.

On the free plan (1,000 operations per month) that would allow you around 333 leads per month.

The Core plan (with 10,000 operations per month) at $10.59 per month would allow around 3,333 leads per month.

• Audrey
    Audrey Member Posts: 8

Hi everyone! Like Jacob mentioned, you can do this really easily in Relay.app (here's a detailed how-to page on how to easily set this up)

In terms of pricing, we offer a free trial, then we have a very simple pricing set up (our pricing page), as you can see you get unlimited playbooks and runs with just $9/per user/per month:

I'd love to help to get you started, feel free to reach out to me at audrey@relay.app any time!

• guuyef
    guuyef Member Posts: 18
    First Comment

I used make.com for that

• RodrigoMolina
    RodrigoMolina Member Posts: 2

Hi Maddie, I hope you are well. I wonder if we could set aside 15 minutes to catch up on best practices using those tools. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at rodrigo.molina@id-gs.com

Regards,