Set a default font other than Arial for emails?

Options

Comments

• Xavier-Pierre Jego
    Xavier-Pierre Jego Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #32
    Options

Hi, 

As so many Pipedrive customers and users of the email feature, I am experiencing the same issue. Hence I've got no choice but to use Gmail at the moment rather than wasting my time setting up the good font. 

Would be great to get a follow-up on this issue as I wish to continue using PD as my main tool to send out emails. 

Thanks

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    Laurent Gaulhiac Member Posts: 28
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2023 #33
    Options

Hi, 

As so many Pipedrive customers and users of the email feature, I am experiencing the same issue. Hence I've got no choice but to use Gmail at the moment rather than wasting my time setting up the good font. 

Would be great to get a follow-up on this issue as I wish to continue using PD as my main tool to send out emails. 

Thanks

Yep. 
    Also their lack or response in their own community since more than 10 days is a bit concerning... :-/

• Allie Lehman
    Allie Lehman Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 2023 #34
    Options

There are truly so many inconvenient obvious lacking features in their email system. How is there not an option to change this yet? Why can I not center anything in my emails? Why when I copy and paste something into an email that has a different font, then select all and switch to normal font size... it won't change the varying fonts  until I change everything to small font, then normal... and then it actually works? Halp PD team, halp.

• Roberto Coindreau
    Roberto Coindreau Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #35
    Options

Is there any fix coming soon?

Our emails are looking terrible now. We have a font set up for out templates, and if we add a new line, it default to a different font.

This ends in very unprofessional looking emails.

• Alex_84708
    Alex_84708 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #36
    Options

Please give us an update on this, it's pressing! A serif font is being sent out which does not look like a natual gmail email,,. bad look to prospects and makes it quite obvious the email is being sent from elsewhere, or that I'm a boomer, or both.

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2023 #37
    Options

My trial expired and I am waiting for the registration of my limited company.
    I planned to subscribe to Pipedrive PRO right after the registration but the lack of communication on this critical problem put me on the fence...

As I will not be able to conveniently sent emails through Pipedrive as it is now, I will wait that this problem is resolved. And I hope, until then, to see a swift communication from PD on that topic in this thread... 

• Steve Morman
    Steve Morman Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 2023 #38
    Options

Would love to see this implemented as well!

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2023 #39
    Options

It seems that Pipedrive doesn't do any moderation on its own community...
    This topic should be merged with the main one here :

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/set-default-font-for-emails-6172d2ce1648e3e61550eb95?post=62b54878ea51e594eb9419e5

I hope that it will be fixed soon too...

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2023 #40
    Options

It seems that Pipedrive doesn't do any moderation on its own community...This topic should be merged with the main one here :

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/set-default-font-for-emails-6172d2ce1648e3e61550eb95?post=62b54878ea51e594eb9419e5I hope that it will be fixed soon too...

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2023 #41
    Options

Sorry to be insistent on this one... 😬

But... can someone tell me if the formatting problem is fixed? (my trial expired, so I cannot check by myself)
    Does the emails sent from Pipedrive still look all broken because of the font in Gmail?

My company is ready now and I want to use Pipedrive but what's the point if I cannot send emails that look a minimum professional with it?

I am also a worry about the total lack of communication from Pipedrive on this one...

So if someone can try to send email, I really appreciate.
    Thanks in advance :)

• Xavier-Pierre Jego
    Xavier-Pierre Jego Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #42
    Options

But... can someone tell me if the formatting problem is fixed? (my trial expired, so I cannot check by myself)
    Does the emails sent from Pipedrive still look all broken because of the font in Gmail?

My company is ready now and I want to use Pipedrive but what's the point if I cannot send emails that look a minimum professional with it?

I am also a worry about the total lack of communication from Pipedrive on this one...

A minor fix seems to have been done but some glitches remain, special symbols won't just work e.g. "<>" etc 

The font selection is allowed now but it's definitely not satisfying. I keep using Gmail right now. 

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2023 #43
    Options

Thanks for your quick feedback.
    So sad that is not completely fixed yet...

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Hi @Robert Brett Curtiss

Currently, there is no way to change the default font. You would need to change it for every separate email or just in your Email Templates. However, this is nice feedback for our team to take into account in the future.

• Brandon
    Brandon Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Yeah, it would be nice to change the default font away from Arial. Having to change it every time when responding to prospects is cumbersome.

• Tom Morgan
    Tom Morgan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

this seems so silly it can't be done. very annoying when you reply to an email you need to change font

• jekeli
    jekeli Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Yeah get on this one guys, seems like an easy fix...

• Brandon
    Brandon Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #48
    Options

Agreed. It is really silly the font needs updated every time email gets sent (besides using an email template, which most likely only gets used to initiate conversations). Seems like a huge miss on behalf of PipeDrive. I like the interface of pipedrive, but honestly this issue has had me thinking about moving to another platform. It is the age of automation, no one wants to manually update their font each and every time - especially considering Pipedrive is a sales platform, and branding is an important factor of sales. I would love to see movement on this.

• jekeli
    jekeli Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

It's either that or I've got to convince Gmail to add Arial back as a font... (also a no brainer...)

I would prefer sending emails that looked similar whether it's from Gmail or Pipedrive.

• Brad Haynes
    Brad Haynes Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I find a lot of the Pipedrive features half-baked. It's the small details like this, that make a huge difference and it is difficult to efficiently use Pipedrive when it is such a cumbersome process.

• Frans Nieuwland_11786
    Frans Nieuwland_11786 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #51
    Options

Dear pipedrive, is the abillity to set a default font for your e-mails on the roadmap?

• Jeferson Umezaki
    Jeferson Umezaki Member Posts: 25
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #52
    Options

From the last live I understand updates are coming to make emails more professional: https://www.youtube.com/live/MEUA7s5ME8o?feature=share

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, I'm converting this conversation to a feedback post, so it gets attention from our team as it evolves. Feel free to carry on upvoting and sharing your use cases 📝

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

This update would be highly appreciated! @Manuel Oliveira

• Atman Rathod
    Atman Rathod Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Yes, this is one use-case missed in programming. When multiple font selection is provided. Default font setting is pretty standard. email is one of the feature which Pipedrive has worked on very late.

I see you are adding new modules like Project Management etc. First, let's please get the fundamental items done completely like email, fonts etc. than move on to other products/ sub-products.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

Please, please, please prioritize this please?

• Jarek_54882
    Jarek_54882 Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

It looks that is quite old issue? Did they fix it already? It so annoying to change font every time (as well as size). @Pipedriveadmin - Can we expect that improvement soon?

• Marie_Haegele
    Marie_Haegele Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Just adding a:

YES please allow us to change the default font!

It is incredibly annoying and time consuming (and Pipedrive is designed to help us SAVE time, right?) to have to change the font with every email. It really is crucial to brand. Ideally, we could install fonts other than the ones listed as well. For example, I use Avenir on all my documents. It would be wonderful to use that.

But at the very least, I would like to have Georgia be a default font for email.

• Richard
    Richard Member Posts: 12
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Yes. We would like to open a new email / reply to an email and just start typing. Having to adjust fonts and sizes each time is counter-productive.