Dependencies in custom fields

Jens Bohse
Jens Bohse Member Posts: 22
5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes

Different information is needed in different phases or different pipelines. If I have multiple business units or products, perhaps entirely different fields are of interest.

However, the number of fields can become quite high. And therefore confusing. How practical would it be to display different fields depending on the phase/pipeline or even the content of certain fields?

50 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited July 2022 #2

I know, this topic already was discussed a lot, but not in the community and I just heard it again :-)

It would be great if Pipedrive had custom fields which are only shown when a certain value is in another field. With this feature you would have a lot of opportunities:  Different Lead Qualification Criteria according to the size of a company or for different products. Regional specifications like tax requirements. 

If you are going all the way, you would allow dependencies for custom fields depending on the pipeline or phases. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited December 2022 #3

Great suggestion @Bernd Auer I've heard it before. I know we're currently working on some other gems in the fields area but tagging @Kirill Grebtsov here for the visibility of your feedback ;) 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #4

This is a very powerful suggestion. 

It will decrease the load on filling out all the details at once.

For example, until you're in the Discussion stage of a pipeline (assuming there is one), you don't know when a deal is expected to close, or even the value of the deal if it's a more complex sale.

• SENS
    SENS Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #5

Would be awsome! Looking forward for this development! : )

• Harald Steindl
    Harald Steindl Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #6

100% agree.

My use case is not really pipeline specific but the sheer amount of custom fields we need to have for both contacts and organizations.
    Currently we refrain from adding all the ones we actually would need because it would be an "endless" list.

1. Just think of this made up example:

Custom field 1 =  Motorist: Yes/No

If 1 = Yes
    Custom field 1.1 =  Car driver:  Yes/No
    Custom field 1.2 =  Motorbike driver:  Yes/No

IF 1.1 = Yes
    Multiple Choice of 
     Custom field 1.1.1= Toyota
     Custom field 1.1.2= BMW

IF 1.2 = Yes
    Multiple Choice of 
     Custom field 1.2.1= Kawasaki
     Custom field 1.2.2= Harley

You get the idea. 
    We are not car dealers, but want to keep track of capabilities (certifications, trainings, ..).
    Since those trainings are arranged in certain tracks and levels, we would like to mimic this as close as possible in PipeDrive. 

2. Maybe an entry step towards DEPENDENCIES would be a simply HIERARCHY for custom fields:

We use Pipedrive across multiple departments but not only sales. Different Pipelines take care of chasing actual product sales on one hand but also trying to get marketing partners via another pipeline. 
    Obviously both teams want to have different custom fields for contacts to categorize "their" prospects and YES, there is some overlap.
    So the idea of "custom field folders" comes to mind, where you can have a clean UI with the option of drilling down "Finder/Explorer-Style" into the more specific fields categories.

Does this all makes at least some sense to you fellow PipeDrivers?

All the best
    HST

• Anton "Chorus" Petrukhin
    Anton "Chorus" Petrukhin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited July 2022 #7

In our company, we have a few pipelines with different sets of custom fields which are using. It would be very convenient to add the functionality which would make it real to choose of which stage and even which pipeline the specific field will be visible of invisible. Are there any chances to implement it?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2022 #8

Hi @Anton "Chorus" Petrukhin 

I checked with the team. This is something we want to do in the future and are researching options. It's not however yet in a state where we can get started and give you some estimation unfortunately. 

• Michiel Van Hove_6182
    Michiel Van Hove_6182 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #9

Hi there community, 

I was wondering if it is possible (in the near future) to add custom fields per pipeline or custom fields that only become visible when a deal matches specific criteria. 

Use case: 

We have different kind of deals (let's say type A, B, C) that require totally different kind of parameters. Besides the indication of 'important fields' per pipeline (see printscreen), all custom fields are still visible ACROSS all pipelines. 

So we want: 

• Pipeline type A > only show custom fields 1, 2, 3
    • Pipeline type B > only show custom fields 4, 5, 6
    • Pipeline type C > only show custom fields 7, 8, 9

Is there any way I can solve this (besides of course start a whole new account)?

Thanks

5f73025babc8fb6c1ae017c4_11136.png
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2022 #10

Hi @Michiel Van Hove 

Thanks for sharing. I know this has been discussed in our team. Currently it's not being worked on but I'll definitely make sure our team sees your post and hopefully this can spark a new push towards this feature update in Pipedrive, I think it's a great suggestion!

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #11

Hi @Michiel Van Hove 

Thanks for sharing. I know this has been discussed in our team. Currently it's not being worked on but I'll definitely make sure our team sees your post and hopefully this can spark a new push towards this feature update in Pipedrive, I think it's a great suggestion!

@Mike van der Valk This is a must, and a very common feature in most CRM's.  Different pieces of data become relevant in different pipelines, and this would be a great way to clean things up.  +1

• Francisco Duwe
    Francisco Duwe Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #12

I would like it too! I have different pipelines for different products and would be more than welcome. Maybe if I could only hide(instead of not showing at all). And think about Leads too.

• mark then
    mark then Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #13

I would love this too...And was wondering if there is any quick fix to this?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2022 #14
    mark then said:

I would love this too...And was wondering if there is any quick fix to this?

@mark then the only workaround I've seen people use is to set up specific fields as important/mandatory for certain pipelines and stages. It doesn't hide others but it does pop-out the ones you say are important for you.

• Sam Boyd
    Sam Boyd Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #15

Stepping in to voice my opinion here. I would love this feature! 

• SENS
    SENS Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #16

Hi @Kirill Grebtsov ! Any update on this awsome feature?

Thanks!

• Michiel Van Hove_6182
    edited December 2022 #17

@Mike van der Valk  any update on this one?

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #18

This seems like such a standard feature for most CRM's. Not understanding why the response is that this is not being worked on. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #19

@Mike van der Valk  any update on this one?

@Michiel Van Hove  @Brad Cohen  At the moment it's on the backlog of ideas, no near term plans unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Michiel Van Hove_6182
    edited December 2022 #20

@Mike van der Valk any update on this one? This feature is keeping us from going live internally...

• Antoni_3526
    Antoni_3526 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #21

I would be make the same question, because I have a lot of personalized items

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2022 #22

@Mike van der Valk any update on this one? This feature is keeping us from going live internally...

Hi @Michiel Van Hove unfortunately there's no update to give here :( we're currently not actively working on this. We are working on after sales delivery in the form of project management after a deal is won: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

This could help with your usecase as well. You have custom fields for your deals in the pipeline and then also for other processes for your projects on the board for example..

• Brad Cohen
    edited December 2022 #23

How this feature is not being worked on makes little sense to me. Hearing this tempts me to look elsewhere for CRM. 

Having fields visible by pipeline seems like a standard CRM feature. 

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #24

@Mike van der Valk  and @Kirill Grebtsov , any updates on this? Just heard this requirement again. In this case the visibility according to pipelines. 

• Sven Braam
    Sven Braam Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #25

This would be so helpful. I do see this as a lack of many CRM's.

We have different type of clients, with so much other custom fields. It's useless to show them to sales if this other type is being bored with stuff that is not typical for that business.

Example:
    We use "deals" also for bookings made from our side. We do track different custom fields like "type of booking" and "Car type". 
    These fields totally are not nesecarry for deals that are from another segment like "API partners". Those custom fields are now also shown, wich is misleading for our sales team.

• Jens Bohse
    Jens Bohse Member Posts: 22
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #26

Would also be great if it was made dependent on the products. For some products, for example, you need a performance period and for some not.

• Tristan Church
    Tristan Church Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #27

I would love to see this feature.

• Leon Aristou
    Leon Aristou Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #28

Absolutely would love to see this feature. Very surprised it's not being considered..

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #29

Love this. A v1 implementation of this would simply be to allow fields to be visible/invisible by stage and pipeline just as fields can be made important/required. This would be great for customers trying to manage unique processes in unique pipelines and great for Pipedrive as it would provide customers with a reason to upgrade their plans.

• meg.palumbo
    meg.palumbo Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #30

We are in the process of evaluating a second pipeline tracking process and are considering different solutions. This is a feature we would love to see that would allow us to keep multiple pipelines within Pipedrive. Is there any update from 9 months ago that it may be in near-term work? @Mike van der Valk 

• Brad Cohen
    edited December 2022 #31

We are in the process of evaluating a second pipeline tracking process and are considering different solutions. This is a feature we would love to see that would allow us to keep multiple pipelines within Pipedrive. Is there any update from 9 months ago that it may be in near-term work? @Mike van der Valk 

Prepare for the sound of crickets :)