Dependencies in custom fields

Comments

• Miles Engle
    Miles Engle Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #32
    Sam Boyd said:

Stepping in to voice my opinion here. I would love this feature! 

I would love it, but not only that. We are to the point where this is necessary and it is hurting the way we operate.

• Mauricio Dabdoub_26700
    Mauricio Dabdoub_26700 Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #33

Of course we need this, is critical for a best use of fields, I dpn't understand why the developer team do not front it, should be in the first level of priorities.

I just asked the same topic in another post and I see this post...amaizing, many of us asking the same .....my clients need this solution.

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/depending-fields-624726d3708658071f7f2f88

• Hanna Homb Reistad
    Hanna Homb Reistad Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #34

We are in the process of evaluating a second pipeline tracking process and are considering different solutions. This is a feature we would love to see that would allow us to keep multiple pipelines within Pipedrive. Is there any update from 9 months ago that it may be in near-term work? @Mike van der Valk 

Same here! Would be an important feature to get more users onboarded from the different teams for one of our pipedrive clients. Unless we can customize the fields that show up in each pipeline, we are not able to svolve our clients needs :-/

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2022 #35

We are in the process of evaluating a second pipeline tracking process and are considering different solutions. This is a feature we would love to see that would allow us to keep multiple pipelines within Pipedrive. Is there any update from 9 months ago that it may be in near-term work? @Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Meg Palumbo @Brad Cohen, Hanna (sorry somehow can't tag you) and all others! I've been following up with our teams. At the moment there are no really near term plans for this. What I did understand is that on the technical backend side our teams have started making improvements to make this type of feature possible in the future. Once that is done, we need to of course apply these changes in the front-end so that this feature can be used by our customers.

I'll do my best to convince the teams so that hopefully this request comes higher and higher on our priority list. However, at the moment there's no really near term plans to have this feature available to use, sorry.

• Torben Schulthoff
    Torben Schulthoff Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #36

yes please. Every other CrM has similar functionality. at this time this missing feature ist actively making our lifes a little harder

• Alexander Stade
    Alexander Stade Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #37

This is really unfavorable because it is still not possible to map different services with different requirements due to this missing feature. Every user who wants to map more than one pipeline with different custom fields for these pipelines should have this problem.  

Best regards

Alex

• Sebastian Eberhardt
    Sebastian Eberhardt Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #38

Please update asap - we need this feature urgently (it´s a standard in hubspot) 

• Elliot Wood
    Elliot Wood Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #39

its insane this is not available, what was ever the point of having multiple pipelines if we cant personalise them with unique custom fields:'(. Does anyone have work arounds to this?

• David Braga Malta
    David Braga Malta Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #40

we would love this feature as well

• EIIE
    EIIE Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #41

Another simple use case:

Chatbot asks website visitor "what is your name?

Visitor: My name is "XXX"

Chatbot: (If [name] is not empty then)"Nice to meet you xxx"

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary Elite + Premier Solution Provider First Comment 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #42

Hi 👋,

Here are some feedbacks and update that could be awesome on custom fields :

• Possibility to have some custom fields which only appears on certain pipeline and even certain stage and on the other way, doesn't appear on specific pipeline or stage
    • Possibility to have some custom fields which are conditioned per a previous custom field. For example : If I complet the field "Source" by adding "Facebook", it will show me the field "Facebook ads:" and I will select the right ads.
    • Calculated custom field.
  • Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2022 #43

+1 on these! 

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2022 #44

Totally agree with the OP, these would be a massive help. Thanks.

The main issue with the custom fields is they become very unwieldy to manage and view when you have a lot of them. Lucas' requests would help with that. 

I'd personally like to see the ability to categorise or group custom fields with collapsible sub-headings. For example I'm a mortgage broker with an ever expanding list of custom fields. Having the ability to create mortgage, remortgage, property, adverse credit, suitability and miscellaneous categories etc would be a huge help.

• Gregoire H
    Gregoire H Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #45

Totally agree ! 

Concerning the calculated custom field, it would be an easy way to create a basic contact scoring function.

Indeed, thanks to workflow automation, we could decide that the custom field "scoring" should be updated when the field X is not empty anymore, when a deal is associated with the person, " when a mail is answered, etc. 

• Sylvain
    Sylvain Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2022 #46

Hi pipedrivers 👋,

it would be really cool to be able to display or not the personalized fields (deal - organization - contact) by pipeline.

Some of our customers use more than 200 fields specific to their activities on 5 or 6 pipelines.

Not all these fields apply to all pipelines but currently impossible to manage the display... so we have horrible screens at the deal level.

One of our beautiful customers (more of 50 licenses) tells us about migrating to HubSpot simply for this display-related reason... It's too bad!! 😱

Please !!! we need this option!! 🙏

#suggestions

• Graham Cox
    edited December 2022 #47

Hi Sylvain,

I totally agree and this has been brought up numerous times with Pipedrive.  It's frustrating because PD seem to be more excited about upselling new tools like Campaigns (which is cool to be fair) than actually fixing longstanding and obvious feature deficiencies in the core CRM product.

Graham

• Upwwward
    Upwwward Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #48

A big +1 for this!

We need a toggle on/off for each field and custom fields and be able to re-order them... 
    Pleaaaase 🙏

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #49

Hi Sylvain! 

Indeed, this is not possible at the moment. However, you can share this workaround using Important fields: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/how-to-show-or-hide-pipedrive-data-fields-per-pipeline-5fc7ee77635c655cf5d23fbb

I understand it is not ideal, but can help in many situations.

• Graham Cox
    edited December 2022 #50
    Kreete K said:

Hi Sylvain! 

Indeed, this is not possible at the moment. However, you can share this workaround using Important fields: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/how-to-show-or-hide-pipedrive-data-fields-per-pipeline-5fc7ee77635c655cf5d23fbb

Hi Kreete

Are there any plans to implement this functionality? And generally making custom fields more manageable and easier to organise (by grouping related custom fields under sub headings for example). It's a huge and obvious drawback in PD atm.  Thank you.

Graham

• Sylvain
    edited December 2022 #51
    Kreete K said:

Hi Sylvain! 

Hello,

I already use this operation but technically with more than 100 fields per occurrence (deals - organizations - people) it's still quite complicated visually

• Sylvain
    edited December 2022 #52

Hi Sylvain,

I totally agree and this has been brought up numerous times with Pipedrive.  It's frustrating because PD seem to be more excited about upselling new tools like Campaigns (which is cool to be fair) than actually fixing longstanding and obvious feature deficiencies in the core CRM product.

Graham

I totally agree

• Maximilian Lorent
    Maximilian Lorent Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #53

Definitely +1 from my side as well. We definitely need this feature.

And there are also more votes for this than visible in this thread here as this feature has already been asked multiple times. One such example can be found here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/make-customised-data-fields-visible-only-in-certain-stages-pipelines-5efdcb212afec34626859014 

• Toptunenko Olena - Pipedrive partner & Consultant
    edited December 2022 #54

+1 It is a necessary feature.  Different Pipelines have different goals and different tasks, without setting the fields for certain Pipelines, this essence is lost.

• Bas Jelle Kragt
    Bas Jelle Kragt Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #55

This feature would be amazing! We currently work with 2 pipelines and it would make life a lot easier!

• Tom LeBrocq
    Tom LeBrocq Member Posts: 11
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #56

+1 for this. Having context-sensitive custom fields that only show or hide when certain criteria is met would be a huge saver on screen real estate!

• I would love to have the ability to have conditional logic in custom fields as well. In our example, I would like to choose a product, and then ad what kind of service level agreement that product has.

• Ben Smith
    Ben Smith Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Personally would love this feature too. We also have a large amount of fields present but most are specific to different business units or pipelines, but all users have them visible which becomes confusing

• Bjørn-Henning Opheim
    Bjørn-Henning Opheim Member Posts: 57
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2022 #59

I to need this so bad :)

• David Blais
    David Blais Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Yes, dependencies would be great to improve visibility when many fields are not required.

• Tom LeBrocq
    Tom LeBrocq Member Posts: 11
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I'd also love to see something like this. Would remove so much clutter and add much more customisation to the fields.