Customize UI with custom buttons

Tzvika Ziv
Tzvika Ziv Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

I'm a long time user of pipedrive, including heavy customization through API and webhooks.

One feature that I'd love to have is creating custom buttons to organization, person and deal UI. Clicking such button will call external URL, run automation, send mail etc.

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 190 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Tzvika Ziv 

At the moment we do allow for some customization via App Panels and App Actions (through a built integration). 
    Alternatively, you could also build a Chrome extension that could alter the UI to a degree

• Tzvika Ziv
    edited April 2022 #3

Hey David,

Thanks for the solutions, but they are too complicated. It's like killing a fly with a cannon .

I'm talking about something much simpler. Like a custom field of type "button", which has a property "url". When you press the button, the url is called. Dead simple, but so, so useful.

From one dev guy to another, this shouldn't take more than couple of hours to develop :)

• Marc Logemann
    Marc Logemann Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022 #4

Hey David,

Thanks for the solutions, but they are too complicated. It's like killing a fly with a cannon .

I'm talking about something much simpler. Like a custom field of type "button", which has a property "url". When you press the button, the url is called. Dead simple, but so, so useful.

From one dev guy to another, this shouldn't take more than couple of hours to develop :)

was this ever taken seriously as a feature request? 

• Tzvika Ziv
    edited April 2022 #5

Hey David,

Unfortunately no, as many other features I suggested here and via email