Optional data fields for different Pipelines

124»

Comments

• Simone Martinelli
    Simone Martinelli Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #92

Hi @Georg Wässa , thank you for your feedback! I've made sure it reaches our team for consideration.

This is a topic that has been raised before, check out a discussion and some tips in this other post. 🚀

same problem here

• Dana Capland
    Dana Capland Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #93

hello!

is there any way to have certain "details" show under certain pipelines? I have three pipelines and some fields aren't applicable to each pipeline. Is there a way to change this? It really overcrowds

Thanks!

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2023 #94

Hi @Dana Capland - This is a super common feature request. Unfortunately no, this isn't possible at the moment. The best way to 'hack' into this view is using the "Always visible in deal detail view" as well as "Important" options under your settings ....pipedrive.com/settings/fields.

For any fields that you DO NOT want always visible, unselect "Always visible in deal detail view." Then the field will only be visible if the DETAILS are expanded on a particular deal OR if the field is completed. To "expose" fields that need to be completed at certain stages, make them important in that stage and then they'll show up at the top left of the deal view. It's not a perfect solution, but it often helps a lot. 

• Dana Capland
    Dana Capland Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #95

thank you for the reply, is there any update as to when this feature will be updated?

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 133 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited April 2023 #96

thank you for the reply, is there any update as to when this feature will be updated?

Hi @Dana Capland

Thank you for the feedback! It is something requested often and the team is aware of these requests. Please continue to request feedback as the more we get, the higher the chances of it being developed. At the moment, we don't have an ETA on this, but we hope we can work on that. 

• Georg Wässa
    Georg Wässa Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2023 #97

Would be great!

• Elliot Wood
    Elliot Wood Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #98

Did this ever get resolved?

• Suzanne Bell
    Suzanne Bell Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2023 #99

As a Pipedrive Admin, it would be really helpful to be able to create custom fields that can be hidden from users.  With various integrations we have, we sometimes need fields that are of no use to our users, and just make their list of fields very messy.  Could this be an option please?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,541
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2023 #100

This would be immensely useful and has been asked for before.

• Maximilian Lorent
    Maximilian Lorent Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #101

Also for us, this would be an extremely useful feature that would make our life much easier. As others have already written, the details list can become extremely big and thus confusing if different pipelines require different custom data fields.

Thus, could you please give another update as it's been another year since the last update .

• Alexia_63249
    Alexia_63249 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hello, we are using different pipelines for different kind of sales activity and it would be so much useful to have the possibility to change the details fields on the offers according to the pipeline it is in. For example, pipeline 1, i have my custom a b and c. When I create a new offer on pipeline 2, I'd like to have my details custom fields being d e and f. Any chance it's already planned?

• Felix Brumme
    Felix Brumme Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited April 2023 #103

I would like to push this topic as well. 

Because it is important if:

- Pipelines that represent different workflows and do not require all fields.

- Fields are meant for automations that other users should neither see nor edit. 

- Fields contain information that not every PD user is allowed to see for privacy reasons. 

• Joshua Gilson
    Joshua Gilson Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2023 #104

It would be great if we could;

1. Lock fields after a deal goes beyond a given pipeline stage to maintain data integrity.
    2. Hide fields that are not relevant in certain pipeline stages to limit the salespersons' view to only those fields that matter while in the given stage.
  • Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited January 2023 #105

That's not ideal though because it makes them all visible even if you don't need to fill out a particular field. It would be much better if you could set fields per pipeline.

• Ines Sabal
    Ines Sabal Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I think being able to customize the different deal details for every pipeline would be a great improvement and will make pipelines and deal cards much cleaner.

• Holger Kreißl
    Holger Kreißl Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2023 #107

We need that feature too. We have a lot of fields for integration purposes that end users should not see. This would increase the user experience a lot!

• Holger Kreißl
    Holger Kreißl Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2023 #108

We need that also very urgently. We have a lot of fields that are there only for integration purposes. End users should not see them.

Second use case is: hide fields in spectific phases or pipelines.

This feature would increase the pipedrive user experience dramatically for our users.

• niallg
    niallg Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #109

We really need the hidden field option in Pipedrive. Are there any updates on this?

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2023 #110

Would be useful for us, too!

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2023 #111

Would like to hear the status in this, too!

• Suzanne Bell
    edited April 2023 #112

How do things on this forum move from us talking about them to Pipedrive taking action?

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited April 2023 #113

I love pipedrive but they seemed to be focused on campaigns for the last year. I can only assume there is more demand for that across the entire user base compared to some of this more technical small potatoe stuff like this and file thumbnails etc.

Same with the mobile app, not much movement there either.

• Suzanne Bell
    edited April 2023 #114

Sometimes it's the small things that matter though.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,057 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2023 #115

Hi @Suzanne Bell , I'm happy to say there are new things being thought up for custom fields in the coming year (2023). I will be passing this on as feedback so our dev team can take it into consideration :)

• niallg
    niallg Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #116

Thanks for the update manuel. I’ve found another solution using WPForms and using zapier to integrate with Pipedrive which works brilliantly (and actually cheaper than Pipedrive’s lead booster add on ;) )

looking forward to hidden fields being available in Pipedrive forms though!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,057 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hello everyone, I’m happy to announce that custom fields per pipeline will be available starting April 2023! Find out more details here.

This discussion has been closed.