[CLOSED] Looking for Beta testers for our new Recurring Activities feature

Daniel Picon
Daniel Picon Posts: 27 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Pipedrive Team
edited February 2023 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Hello everyone!

We have started to gradually release the new Recurring Activities feature for our customers that are using Google Calendar sync. If you’d like to get this feature turned on already and be one of our early adopters please let us know.

What are Recurring Activities?

Recurring activities are activities that can be repeated on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis with an end date or without.

Google Calendar has its version of recurring events, this feature will sync both ways with Google’s recurring events.

Early adopters

The first users will receive access to the live feature as soon as you let us know. We are interested in getting early feedback about it, so as part of the process, we will reach out to early adopters to ask for feedback after trying out the functionality. We are interested in knowing about your experience, comments or propositions. 

Who are we looking for?

• Users who use recurring events on Google calendar and would like to have these synced in Pipedrive as recurring activities or vice versa.
  • Users with active Google Calendar sync who are interested in trying recurring activities
  • Users who would like to have the actual recurring events synced over instead of grayed out blocks in Pipedrive

If you are interested in getting access to this feature before we finish the full rollout, let us know in this form

Tagged:

Comments

• Daniel Picon
    edited September 2022 #2

@Christian Duval_4578 @Anish Patel @Jeff Farrick @Bernd Auer www.pd-experts.com @Lucas MAGNE I already added you to the list, I will be releasing the feature on your accounts next Monday 19 SEP.

• Jeff Farrick
    Jeff Farrick Member Posts: 54
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hello, I happen to need to set up a recurring activity. I don't see the option activated in my account yet.

• Jeff Farrick

@Daniel Picon_191, when will access to this beta feature be released?

• Ian Yun
    Ian Yun Member Posts: 43
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic

Hey @Daniel Picon_191 I applied form to do beta testing, Can i use this feature?

• Has this request closed at all?

• Jeff Farrick

@Amy - Safety Panda they went dark on the feature. It was meant to be released 2 weeks ago, but I never got access and have been asking about it.

@Daniel Picon_191, any updates on this feature? I could really use it.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

@Daniel Picon We are Pipedrive partners (resellers), and actual users. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to join this beta.

And separately, may I tell you what we REALLY need for the past four years?

• When a deal is in a certain status (not arriving, not leaving, just "in" a defined status), send an email TEMPLATE with a specified frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
    • When a custom-field (a date) is X-days in the future (or Y-days in the past), send an email TEMPLATE just once.

We have been promised date-based triggers for many years, and we have lost many customers because we cannot offer this capability. Such capability has been available in competitor products for many years (Zoho, etc).

• Daniel Picon

Hello everybody.

We have turned on the feature for most of you who filled the form.

We had to wait a bit before being able to release to beta testers, but as of last week we finally started.

There are some limitations at the moment. We can't release if your company account has any users actively using Outlook or Microsoft calendar sync. And also a new update on the deal view which is partially rolled out to some of you.

We are planning on adding support to these and are hoping we can do that by the end of the year. So please check if you have Recurring Activities by creating an activity and checking if you have the recurring activity checkbox. If you do, great! your company fits the criteria at the moment, if that's the case, please do you use it and share any feedback with me if you have any.

• Daniel Picon

Also, sorry for the long wait on this!

@Joseph Valenti thanks for sharing that feedback, I will be sharing it with the team, but will add my own thoughts here as a user myself.

When a deal is in a certain status (not arriving, not leaving, just "in" a defined status), send an email TEMPLATE with a specified frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).

Thought: could this be resolved by using workflow automations? if deal arrives to stage then send email. Or if deal is in stage for X amount of days (defined by deal rotting) send email (template)

For the second one I thought perhaps something like Zapier might help, not sure if our workflow automations would have the capacity for doing something like this for date type custom fields.

But you probably know this very well, so will share with the team that handles these triggers. Thanks again!

• Joseph Valenti

Good morning Daniel

Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

For the first item, you would be correct if the idea were to automate an reaction to the trigger that is "if deal arrives to stage". The difference is that our customers require a periodic message for as many days/week/months that a deal -is in- at a certain stage (remains at a certain stage).

The first item, and indeed the second item (action triggerred by the value of a custom-date-field), could both be addressed with outside tools such as Zapier or Make... but our customers do not have the sophistication to enable either solution. What is more, their needs are too diverse for us to offer a standard one-automation-fits-all solution.

I recently sent a note to Nuno Olivera with a similar question. In a previous communication to me, long ago, he speculated that such features would be available by now. Clearly the plan has changed! I am curious to know if these items are still on the roadmap.

*** Quite separately, I would be interested in your Beta if you are interested in having me. Let me know!

Have a good week.

Thank you for your consideration.

Joseph Valenti - 514-444-1556 - joe@brokrbindr.com

• Daniel Picon

Perfect @Joseph Valenti thanks for clarifying and for adding on that topic, I shared this again with Nuno and his team to see what are the updates.

I actually added your company to the list and I have confirmation that the feature is enabled. Can you please check. If there is another company, perhaps did not enable on the right one please DM me about it. Thanks again!

• Joseph Valenti

Hi again Daniel,

I actually have three accounts.

https://brokrbindr-crm.pipedrive.com/ is a free partner account

https://better-mortgage.pipedrive.com is a paid account that we use ourselves in production

https://brokrbindr-sandbox2.pipedrive.com/ is a sandbox account we use for testing

I would welcome access to the beta in all three, if that is convenient for you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Joe

• Brandon Ingram
    Brandon Ingram Member Posts: 24

I've signed up about a month ago as well and still have not seen this active in my account. Can you take a look for me as well @Daniel Picon

• Daniel Picon

@Brandon Ingram The reason why we could not turn it on for your account is partially the reason why this initial rollout for first BETA testers took longer than expected. There was another product release done on deals detailed views that was incompatible with our recurring activities, we will continue working on that for the next month, so once that is resolved your company will be eligible. I have added your company to that list. Thanks for bringing it up and for the patience!

• Brandon Ingram

That makes sense, I do like the detailed view for Deals by the way. Thank you for the follow-up.

• Please add this to our account.

• Emma Melling
    Emma Melling Member Posts: 21
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment

Please could we have this BETA feature added to our account? Thanks in advance

• Ian Yun
    Ian Yun Member Posts: 43
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi Daniel, I already apply the form but still cannot see any feature in my account

hs-pd-sales.pipedrive.com is our account, would you please add this in our account?

• Carolynsdesk
    Carolynsdesk Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment

this is AWESOME!! please add this to our application!

• KG2026
    KG2026 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Yes please. Please add me to this list for beta!

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes

Hi,

Is it possible to be added to the Bêta ?

Thanks

• Brandon Ingram

@Daniel Picon Has the issue with the new detail view been resolved so this can be released for our org?

• MathiasFiedler
    MathiasFiedler Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

what became of this feature? are there any updates/news?

• BeccaT
    BeccaT Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment

we would love to have this feature!

• Rogério Costa
    Rogério Costa Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Porque voces nao esquecem essa historia de sincronizar com o Google calendario e de vida ao próprio calendario do Pipedrive. (Atividades recorrentes, Notificações: 1 hora antes, 10 minutos antes, hora de sair, etc) as vezes ficam tentando inventar a roda e a roda ja esta inventada.

Pense nisso!!!!!!!