@mentions in Notes - Beta Testing

Vincent Jyrwa
Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 227 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We invite you to test out a beta feature on Pipedrive: @mentions in Notes. You can join this channel to receive regular updates on beta-testing @mentions -> https://community.pipedrive.com/group/mentions-beta-testing 

You can @mention your team mates (users in the same Pipedrive account) in Notes (deal, person, organization notes) and they will receive an email notification about that @mention.

To have this feature enabled, please fill this form with your registered email address on Pipedrive and the name of the Pipedrive account -  https://forms.gle/ik2kw7ccbmxwDEqy8

This is one of the first steps we’re taking towards improving collaboration in teams within Pipedrive.

What is not available in the beta-test but is being developed at the moment:

• In-app notifications through the Sales Assistant 💡
  • Ability to respond to @mentions by leaving comments 💬

Please note:

1. This feature is still in beta and you may encounter bugs. I’d request you to leave your feedback and report any bugs in the thread below.
  2. After you have submitted the feature-request form, it will take us a few hours to enable the beta feature (depending on timezones).
5ebd147b6ff6e906cd28ecd7_26679.png

ezgif-2-0bc0194c7a73.mp4

Comments

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited April 2022 #2

Just wanted to inform the beta-testers who signed up, that we're having a tiny user-interface bug at the moment. We hope to get that fixed soon. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Edit: It's fixed now! 🚀

• Michael Karas
    Michael Karas Member Posts: 24
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited February 2022 #3

It would be great to test it! 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited May 2020 #4

It would be great to test it! 

Already enabled it for your account, Mike! :) 

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

@Vincent Jyrwa & @Liisa Pool - just two additional usability comments.

1. For some reason, I habitually hit the tab bar after I select the @mention to complete it. I do this on other social platforms as well. When I do it here, it doesn't jump to after the @mentioned name but rather moves the entire selection.
    2. When I put a dash behind the @mention like so "@mention - " it creates a bullet point out of the dash. 

Not huge issues once you learn to work around it - but it definitely tripped me a few times when in a hurry to leave a comment.

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited June 2020 #6

@Vincent Jyrwa & @Liisa Pool - just two additional usability comments.

1. For some reason, I habitually hit the tab bar after I select the @mention to complete it. I do this on other social platforms as well. When I do it here, it doesn't jump to after the @mentioned name but rather moves the entire selection.
    2. When I put a dash behind the @mention like so "@mention - " it creates a bullet point out of the dash. 

Not huge issues once you learn to work around it - but it definitely tripped me a few times when in a hurry to leave a comment.

Thank you Jan for the feedback. We'll look into these two cases! 

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #7

@Vincent Jyrwa -  I am very interested in the collaborative element of @mentions ie responding to someone's @mention and actually having a dialog. How do you see this?

• Aline Giesel
    Aline Giesel Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2022 #8

hello, I have a question. Would be possible when a time member was tag in a note, receive a notification through email?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #9

hello, I have a question. Would be possible when a time member was tag in a note, receive a notification through email?

Hi @Aline Giesel  Yes, a team member would receive a notification email when s/he is tagged in a note. We are working on building notifications inside the app (via the sales assistant). That should be ready in a few weeks. Hope I was able to answer your question :) 

• Aline Giesel
    Aline Giesel Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2020 #10

Yes, you was able to answer! thanks so much!