Automated Double Opt-In

Is it possible or will it be possible to automate the double-opt in email based on form submissions, e.g. - newsletter subscription? I find it surprising this isn't possible as it's necessary for GDPR. Perhaps I am overlooking something here?

Thanks

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Moderator Posts: 235 PIPEDRIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    100 Comments 5 Answers Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Hi @Dom_79187

Currently, it is not possible to send out DOI emails automatically or based on form submissions. However, this is something our team is already investigating further to understand how to best implement it. You can keep an eye also on this thread where it has been discussed.

• Hi @Kreete K Since it has been a while since you replied, is there any outcome or update about the team's invenstigation? From my point of view, this is a must-have feature for a tool that provides marketing automation.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Moderator Posts: 235 PIPEDRIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    100 Comments 5 Answers Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Hi @Donald Duck

Currently, you can set up a flow where a customer will register via our Web Form and agrees to receive newsletters, so they will be automatically counted as "Subscribed". After the sign-up, a Lead/Deal is created in Pipedrive, that can trigger an automated Campaign set up with our Workflow automations feature. You can learn some more in our KB articles about Campaigns feature in general and automated campaigns. They cover how to ask for Marketing status permission and set up a Campaign automation.