Notes in pipedrive need auto-save

Iddo
Iddo Member Posts: 1
5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment

I'm summarising here a long discussion with customer success.

If pipedrive automatically saved the notes I am taking on-the-fly I could trust it a lot better with my crucial business contacts.

I am a heavy user of Notes in pipedrive mobile and desktop to memorize information I hear during activities such as a meeting a phone call or a chance encounter in the corridor. On several occasions I lost crucial information because of the SAVE button.

Notes in pipedrive need auto-save.

I spent a long day in a conference, jotting down leads, ideas and phone numbers by editing a Note inside an Activity on Pipedrive. I must have forgot to hit Save at some point or something, it's all gone now.

Here is the user scenario:

Notes are used to record information on the fly during activities such as meetings, phone calls, conferences, or a chance encounter. The value of recording it in pipedrive is for the information to be later associated and retrieved together with the relevant person or deal rather than be lost in a pile of random sticky notes.

In these encounters I am busy actually talking to the person and processing the information. I may have only a few seconds to type a lead or contact info or some industry info before jumping to another person or activity.

Moreover this is done from mobile, which means that my attention can be broken at any moment by a phone call or another app or notification.

Feature request:

1. Anything typed into notes should be auto-saved.

2. Notes should have some ability to track changes in case a note was accidentally overwritten and then auto-saved.

3. Notes that were auto-saved should pop up as notification to remind the user to verify the information and Save it properly.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Vincent CHEVALIER
    Vincent CHEVALIER Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi,

Is it in the roadmap to develop an autosave mode for the notes taken in the activities notepad ?

(I forget too offen to save my notes after finishing a call and I loose it...) Would be great :D

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2023 #3

Hi @Vincent CHEVALIER 

Actually we do save the note while you browse around. The only time it gets removed is when a full refresh happens. Is this not working for you?

• Clare at My Big Buddy
    Clare at My Big Buddy Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2023 #4

Hi Vincent - I understand from your example that notes don't disappear if you browse elsewhere - but this isn't autosave.

I would dearly like to see autosave added for notes (and I see from numerous comments that this would be well received by other users too). The difficulty is not in the browsing but, as I have to work by having several tabs open at the same time, and multitask across clients and suppliers, it is all too easy to forget to save a note. PLEASE can you pass on my request to your tech department to add an autosave feature into notes - just as it is in email? Many thanks

• Vincent CHEVALIER
    edited December 2023 #5

Agreed with Clare ...

• Vincent CHEVALIER
    edited December 2023 #6

Hi @Vincent CHEVALIER 

Actually we do save the note while you browse around. The only time it gets removed is when a full refresh happens. Is this not working for you?

Sorry Mike, I didn't noticed your answer... 

Not exactly my need... As per Clare comment, I work trough multiple tabs opened in Chrome, and moving from one to another, I sometimes forget to save my notes in an activity (call or meeting) and finaly lose it...

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2023 #7

Thanks for clarifying both @Clare Park and @Vincent CHEVALIER I'll pass this on to our team!

• William Yatscoff
    William Yatscoff Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #8

I agree with Clare as well. Jut started using this two weeks ago and lost notes from meetings. Will likely starting writing notes in OneNote and maybe moving them over or not. 

• Marjorie Saulson
    Marjorie Saulson Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2022 #9

I sometimes forget to save notes upon leaving a contact's page. 

I have requested that Pipedrive develop a default whereby they are saved automatically.

Does anyone have a workaround that will help out this forgetful person?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have,

Marjorie Saulson

#Asking for Advice, #Saving Notes

• Marcus Fagerberg
    Marcus Fagerberg Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #10

We have the same problem forgetting to save notes. @Mike van der Valk will there be a development of autosave for notes?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2023 #11

Hi @Marjorie Saulson  and @Marcus Fagerberg , thank you for the feedback! This is not something in the plans for the very near future, but our developers are aware it is a popular request. I will be sure to alert them to yours and other examples described here in the community

While it is not the same as auto saving a note, it is still possible to type an unsaved note inside a deal for example, navigate away and come back to the deal to find the text still there. Provided you do not close the window, clear your cache or log out.

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 96
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2023 #12

Auto-saving of notes is a must-have. Sometimes I quickly need a place to brain dump, and for ease of purpose, a note inside Pipedrive would be the best place but the lack of auto-save means I have to use a 3rd party app, which I don't want to do.

I'd much prefer everything inside Pipedrive, but the lack of this function prevents this.

• Marjorie Saulson
    edited December 2023 #13

Given that my request for this auto-save feature for notes was made in January 2022, which is 7 months ago, and given that it was stated that this is an often requested feature, I'm wondering what is taking the Pipedrive team so long to get with the program, and provide this crucially important and often requested refinement to the platform.

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 96
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2023 #14

Auto-saving of notes is super important.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2023 #15

I agree, the number of times I'm taking notes whilst on a call to a client and forgotten to save. Auto-save would be a lifesaver

• Caiger
    Caiger Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi!

I agree with Iddo- we take client calls and type all notes in there so that all the team can refer back at a later date, however, it just takes the window crashing, you move away from your desk and forget to save and then you lose vital information.

Is this going to be a possibility in the future?

• Kampi
    Kampi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

+1

Especially working with trackpads it happened to me so many times already that I accidentally swiped left, forced the window a step back, and all progress (sometimes 40min worth of notes-taking during meeting) was gone.

• larryb
    larryb Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment

we take our discovery call notes in a smart doc (MS word).. it has autosave if thats helpful. we also prepopulate fields on the smartdoc from the deal and have a guide of questions and information we want to capture built into a smartdoc template.

• Joe Bellavance
    Joe Bellavance Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #19

+ 100

Any news on this? I've lost timeline notes repeatedly (including two minutes ago).

It's my own damned fault, of course, but Pipedrive may be the only browser app I use that does not autosave text.

Why? If there's no good reason, would you please implement it?

Thanks.

• Talbs
    Talbs Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

How is this still not a thing?

Losing crucial notes is a killer. Don't know how or why they disappear but they do.

Some extra functionality wouldn't hurt either but will save that for another comment.

• En590_JetA1Agent
    En590_JetA1Agent Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2023 #21

I cannot get mine to save. Keeps spinning....

• Garret Nelson
    Garret Nelson Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #22

I agree with every other request made here. I've seen this requested going back over 3 years. I just made a bunch of notes on a lead and while on the phone with the customer converted to a deal, and everything got wiped. It seems so intuitive to me that in that case ESPECIALLY the notes should be saved. C'mon guys, all the responses I've seen are basically, "Great idea! I'll pass that on!" I've used Pipedrive for almost a decade in different companies, I've through lots of pain of lost notes learned to usually click save (because you can't hit enter and save like other applications), but I don't think the features are keeping up with the increasing cost. Still super valuable and very useful, but damn, I'm so tired of losing notes when I'm trying to move fast and close a deal.

• Garret Nelson
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #23

I'm leaving this comment on every "save notes" request I find.

I agree with every other request made here. I've seen this requested going back over 3 years. I just made a bunch of notes on a lead and while on the phone with the customer converted to a deal, and everything got wiped. It seems so intuitive to me that in that case ESPECIALLY the notes should be saved. C'mon guys, all the responses I've seen are basically, "Great idea! I'll pass that on!" I've used Pipedrive for almost a decade in different companies, I've through lots of pain of lost notes learned to usually click save (because you can't hit enter and save like other applications), but I don't think the features are keeping up with the increasing cost. Still super valuable and very useful, but damn, I'm so tired of losing notes when I'm trying to move fast and close a deal.

• Garret Nelson
    First Comment

I'm leaving this comment on every "save notes" request I find.

• Marjorie Saulson
    edited December 2023 #25

My goodness!

With all the things we've been hearing about AI lately, can't someone on the Pipedrive staff get with the program and fix this long term glitch that causes so many problems for your subscribers?

Remember the three basic rules of good business practice:

1. Service!
    2. Service!
    3. Service!
  • it doesn't even feel like this company is trying anymore! 🤦‍♂️ Wake up Pipedrive! These are very basic feature requests going unnoticed for years!

• Fabian Unger
    Fabian Unger Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I do not use pipedrive notes directly because notes are not auto saved in a reliable way.

Our team uses an add on for firefox "Tab Notes" and then copy pastes the notes later to pipedrive, this extra step could be removed if pipedrive would find a way how to auto save. I also found the pipedrive marketplace app "LURU" that lets you create notes and assign them to deals, also a good option.

Looking forward to have some kind of auto save function, would really make a huge difference. :)

• Rami S
    Rami S Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

Just lost notes of the last meeting I just finished, and searched for this possible problem and ended up here.

I was in the activity screen of the pipedrive ipad app. I think the notes were lost as I added a person to the activity. Also there is no "save" button in the note, only a trashbin. Thus I am assuming, that it would autosave.

Have just started using pipedrive and this experience does motivate me to use another note-tool and rather copy a link to pipedrive. This will increase the hassle.

@pipedrive any hints, views or updates on this?

• flatirondavis
    flatirondavis Member Posts: 6

OMG in 2024 Pipedrive users need to "save often" like we did back on Windows 98. Any major SaaS product provides autosave. I just lost a bunch of meeting notes because I clicked over to a deal tab while I was taking meeting notes.

• I agree - and I made this request 2 years ago.

TOP TIP

I have discovered that if you go out of your deal (even for a few days) and then return to find your notes have vanished because you forgot to save them, just click on the (now empty) notes box as they do reappear!

And then you can save them.

A bizarre glitch in Pipedrive. But do try it!

It's unacceptable that such a simple yet critical request remains unresolved. I assume that Pipedrive is relying on us never moving away from the system as the work required to set up with another CRM is, for most of us, unrealistic.

• flatirondavis
    flatirondavis Member Posts: 6

Sadly that did not seem to work for me. Does this work for you in activities (specifically meetings)?