Rotting as an automation trigger

Options
Tim Milazzo
Tim Milazzo Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Rotting is a feature that has so much potential. But so hard to use.

Right now the only thing I can do with it is create a report of all deals that are rotting.

I would love the ability to set up workflow based on when a deal starts to rot. As simple as: If the deal is starting to rot, then send a Slack message to the deal owner.

It would bring a whole new level of accountability to our sales process.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

I would totally love to see that too! I'll ask from the team if it's in the plans :) 

• Suzanne_5298
    Suzanne_5298 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

@Mike van der Valk any updates on this? I would also love to use this feature. 

e.g. when deal rots auto send email to person attached to deal 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #4
    Options
    Suzanne said:

Hi @Jack it turns out to be complex to implement this in our current workflow automation. Nonetheless, the team has this in the plans and has done some groundwork already, but it's unfortunately not close around the corner yet. 

• Beth Dureza
    Beth Dureza Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options
    Suzanne said:

Hi @Mike van der Valk , is there any updates on this?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #6
    Options
    Suzanne said:

Hi @Beth Dureza we're still working towards being able to do that so it's on the roadmap. No ETA for now :( but it's in the pipeline!

• Pietro
    Pietro Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #7
    Options
    Suzanne said:

Please

• Oskar Stepien
    Oskar Stepien Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options

Would really love to see this! @Reelika Virunurm any update on this topic? We could really use this at Metalshub! Right now we have to manually remind people about this and it takes lots of time.

• Beth Dureza
    Beth Dureza Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2021 #9
    Options
    Suzanne said:

Hi, it's been 5 months since your last reply. Appreciate if you can update us on the latest development. Thanks.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #10
    Options
    Suzanne said:

Hi @Beth Dureza @Oskar Stepien and others, check out the latest reply from our Product manager Nuno on this thread here: https://community.pipedrive.com/question/is-it-possible-to-automate-marking-deal-as-lost-if-it-s-rotting-for-30-days--5f63759a9a2ff95e73a42410?answerId=5f687933b65ef2439a27f2ed#comment-611e1650b2f03cd1c37f1c4f

It might help you 🤞🏻

• Jan de Vries
    Jan de Vries Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #11
    Options

I would totally love to see that too! I'll ask from the team if it's in the plans :) 

@Mike van der Valk  has there been any update on this? I'm seeing a lot of requests about this, so it seems like low hanging fruit for you guys. Plus I really really need this feature..

• Rui Gonçalves
    Rui Gonçalves Posts: 260
    Name Dropper Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited July 2022 #12
    Options

Update about this request

We still can't automate based on rotting deals. It's still something we're looking into and it's not forgotten.

However, we have recently launched the delay step feature that helps with this issue.

Let's set up an example:

• your deals start to rot after 10 days
    1. Trigger: when a deal is updated (or added)
    2. Condition: deal is in stage x
    3. Delay for 10 days
    4. Condition: deal has not moved stages
    5. create action

This will not cover every case, but hope it helps with most of them.

• Sam Drake
    Sam Drake Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Hello. Is there an update on this yet? This topic has been open since 2020. It seems a simple feature of creating a to do activity once a deal has reached rotting would be easy enough to execute in 3 years.

• DDK42
    DDK42 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited June 2023 #14
    Options

I would also like to see the rotting feature become more useful. As far as I can tell, a deal is marked rotting only when the set number of days is reached. This isn't useful for me. I have long sales cycles, and it would be much better if a deal was rotting if a certain number of days had passed SINCE A SCHEDULED ACTION. This would help me stay on top of my deliverables. Just as one example, if a prospect says, "now isn't the time, but reach out in July, when we do our budgeting," I would love to be able to set a task many months in the future, and not have it be rotting until something's past due.

• Jan Cabantog
    Jan Cabantog Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Any news on this?

Looking forward to having this implemented so I don't have to extract reports everytime.

• Maic
    Maic Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

any update. this feature would be realy helpful

• Ann Sison
    Ann Sison Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Any update on this??

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, I'm dropping by to provide an update:

Rotting as an automation trigger is not planned for the very near future, at least. This is because user actions are the triggers for automations in Pipedrive, and a deal reaching a rotten status is not a user action. Automation platforms such as Zapier or Make allow you to achieve this with a “deal matching filter” type of trigger. But this is not available natively in Pipedrive.

Please keep sharing your feedback and upvoting this idea if you want to see it implemented! The more visible a feedback idea is, the more likely it is to be added to the roadmap for research and development.