(CLOSED) Prototype testing 🛠 Custom grouping of tasks/activities in a project 🚀

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer

UPDATE: This research has been completed, thank you to all for your interest.

Are not all your projects that linear in time?

One of the upcoming exciting developments in the projects area will be the ability to group your tasks and activities not just by the phase they are in but grouped by any custom group you can think of.

Do you want to group your project plan based on for example the products sold for a project, the departments in your company responsible for a set of tasks, or anything else? We're looking to show you our prototype and want to learn from you if we're solving this the right way.

Comments

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi Mike!

Excited to see some enhancements to tasks coming soon. We run a very task-driven process and I have been struggling with something. At the moment, you can only mark a task as done. In a perfect world, we would like to see additional statuses for tasks. Like DONE, DELAYED, ANYTHING, etc. Via a dropdown most likely, and of course, configurable. Anything like this in the plans?

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Christian Ayala

At the moment multiple statuses on a task it's not prioritised yet but with the custom grouping that should go live soon you could create these groups yourself too if you'd like :)

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi @Mike van der Valk,

I'm interested in seeing this. Are you able to share mock ups or is their a Beta that I can join?

• Emma Melling
    Emma Melling Member Posts: 21
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment

I've tried to use the link to book a call but it's not working... it says the link is unavailable...

• Mike van der Valk

@Christian Ayala and @Emma Melling it's actually live since last week. Check your project plan and then the option to change to grouping by groups instead of phases here:

• AJ Willoughby
    AJ Willoughby Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

@Mike van der Valk Is there any info on the groups feature? I am unable to find where to set it up to even see how it works. Where would I find the setup for it?

AJ

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @AJ Willoughby

Is it not showing for you like I shared in the screenshot above? It should be there :)

This discussion has been closed.