Recurring task for Projects

Olivier LeadLion
Olivier LeadLion Member Posts: 13
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

Hi guys,

Projects is a very exciting addition to Pipedrive! But there is one thing that hold us to move from our current project management platform to Pipedrive Project and it's recurring task.

Those are extremely useful and can't be overlook.

Is it on the roadmap to add the possibility to create recurring task to Pipedrive? If yes, when do you think we will see them live?

Thanks!

7 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @Mike van der Valk , can you reveal if something like this is being considered?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    #3 Answer ✓

Hi @Olivier LeadLion

Unfortunately this has currently not been prioritised yet. I've noted down your feedback and as soon as we'll start working on it I can let you know.

• AJ Willoughby
    AJ Willoughby Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Hello @Mike van der Valk, I agree that this feature would be extremely helpful and is very much needed. Any update on this?

• Mike van der Valk
    #5 Answer ✓

Hi @AJ Willoughby

Unfortunately it hasn't been prioritised yet.

• Jody
    Jody Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment

We are now using Pipedrive Projects here, and a recurring project function would be extremely useful. I would be happy to be part of a pilot or beta test for such a feature. Thank you.

• Yes ! It's very important for us - recurring tasks in projects AND in deals: We have lifetime missions for our customers, that include monthly and yearly tasks.

Please !

• Mike van der Valk

Hi All!

I've heard from our team working on activities in Pipedrive that setting up these recurring activities are technically very complex. They are currently assessing how to approach it.

In the meantime you could potentially use the workflow automation and projects templates to help you with this. You can set for example a template with all the activities and tasks on a project you plan and then with automations set triggers that will auto create a new project based on this template.

So it's not fully automated but if you set the right trigger then new projects with the right tasks and activities will keep being created for you :) hope that helps!

• Trattman007
    Trattman007 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I'm not going to add much more in terms of the reasons why recurring tasks are important, that's been covered in the thread so far. I'm only adding my support for this feature.

Wayne

• Brand2
    Brand2 Member Posts: 39
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Answer

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump

Any updates on this feature?