Setting up an API in make.com

Options

Hi, can anyone help me figure out how to make an API call using make.com?

I am trying to add a note to a Lead using make.com. They don't have this feature, but it seems possible using the 'make an API call' with Pipedrive.

This is as far as I got, but I don't think it is correct.

Make.com has documentation, but the fields differ from the Shopify example in their tutorial. (here: https://www.make.com/en/use-cases/how-to-make-an-api-call-tutorial).

I read through Pipedrive's API documentation, but I am still lost.

I hope someone can help explain this to me. I would love to use this as an example to learn how to take advantage of their API.

Tagged:

Answers

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi, if you want to use the make call API in Make, it works, like this

URL - here it goes what is at the end of url (you can find in API documentation) - in your case URL = notes

Method - POST - that is correct

Headers - this is a place where you communicate how you are sending request - I am telling, that my request will be in form of json

Key = Content-Type

Value = application/json

Query String - leave empty

Body - this is where json belongs - if you want a simple request - note "abc" to lead_id xy - this is the json

{"lead_id":"your value","content":"abc"} - you can then play by expanding

NOTE! Be aware that post api calls can be nasty - you can post something that if you do not understand api calls properly, it can mess your data. Try to experiment on one lead_id and then scale.

• vierless_leonardo
    Options

Is it possible to format the text that is passed as content into the note?

It would be awesome to give it some styling or for example a new line.