Some feedback on the Lead Inbox.

A couple of quick things I am immediately missing:

• I cannot define custom sources when adding the lead (or I haven't figured out how). It might be possible when importing from spreadsheet - but that's not how all leads make it into the system
  • When scheduling an activity for the lead, the drop shows all activity types - including those set to be inactive.

• I cannot select multiple leads and use the group email feature because filtered lists are not available. This is an issue when importing 50 leads from a trade-show and wanting to send each of them a quick thank you email.

Overall, good direction and pretty similar to the way SFDC processes leads to contacts and deals - but I am not sure if I can use it without those missing links above.

5e6bb5abf8e69d1a00cacba1_67005.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Posts: 108
    edited April 29 #2

So on this note - just tried importing leads:

• I cannot import lead label (no field available)
    • I cannot import lead source (no field available)

I think it would generally be helpful if the listing format of these leads would come from a filtered list, like org and people views. While I like the way it looks, tools like Outfunnel base their selections on the results of filtered lists (which makes it very flexible) - and that no longer works now from what I can see.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,381 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #3

@Michal Smetana when you find some time please take a look at this post :) 

• Jan Visser_342
    edited April 29 #4

One additional comment - I can convert a lead to a deal but I could also see how I would want to convert the lead to a person/organization only and NOT start a deal. 

Case in point - maybe the lead is not ready to be considered a "sales opportunity" (our definition of "deal") but the person and organization ARE relevant to our business and and we want to insert them into a "drip" sequence. Right now, I can only archive.

• Michal Smetana
    Michal Smetana Posts: 8
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 24 #5

Hi Jan,

Thank you so much for all this feedback - as we already discussed over email, this is all greatly appreciated and will help us improve the feature further.

Just to follow-up on a few things:

• Currently, it’s not possible to add custom sources. However, you can use create custom labels and then use these labels to filter leads according to the source.
    • Regarding the inactive activity types, we'll look into it and fix it.
    • Group emailing for leads and importing lead labels - both of these are not yet possible but already on our roadmap.

Thank you,

Michal

• Jan Visser_342
    edited March 2020 #6

Hi Jan,

Thank you so much for all this feedback - as we already discussed over email, this is all greatly appreciated and will help us improve the feature further.

Just to follow-up on a few things:

• Currently, it’s not possible to add custom sources. However, you can use create custom labels and then use these labels to filter leads according to the source.
    • Regarding the inactive activity types, we'll look into it and fix it.
    • Group emailing for leads and importing lead labels - both of these are not yet possible but already on our roadmap.

Thank you,

Michal

Thanks @Michal Smetana.  Also - in the "$" field, the positioning of the currency symbol is incorrect for USD. It should be before the value, not after.