Hi, I'd like to add basic marketing graphs to the Dashboard. Just simple graphs to show the number o

Nicola Meinders
Nicola Meinders Member Posts: 8
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Back in 2011 (!) when I used Salesforce I created these graphs for each region (it took 20 mins per graph max) and this was the first thing I looked at every work day. I managed my marketing team and our lead gen activities by it, as I could see: what was working in my campaigns, which campaigns brought in the most leads, what percentage of opportunities in the pipeline were influenced by which campaigns, which campaigns had the highest opportunity values. Basically it was ROI for marketing. I could set my budget and campaign priorities and activities based on experience. I'm really confused and disappointed that this isn't in Pipedrive, can you please add graph capabilities for leads? I've been told the other option is to add a connection to Google Data Studios, but that seems over the top for my requirements. You have other dashboard capabilities already, but just not for leads and lead source. I can attach graphs only to a customer service agent, as they are obviously confidential. 

Comments

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Nicola Meinders ! Thank you for your feedback! Have you tried new customizable reporting tool called Insights?

I'm glad to let you know that it's planned to Lead related reporting types to Insights. If you use Deals as a Lead then you can already get the report you need by using custom fields. Here is an example report that shows how many deals were created this year by the Lead source (custom field) and what's the current status:

• Nicola Meinders
    edited February 2022 #3

fantastic! Thank you. I was told that wasn't possible. How, could I further split that by month, so that we can see the monthly (hopeful) increase in leads?

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #4

fantastic! Thank you. I was told that wasn't possible. How, could I further split that by month, so that we can see the monthly (hopeful) increase in leads?

No problem! Just change your "View by" to the date field you need :) See here:

• Nicola Meinders
    edited February 2022 #5

Seda, can you please talk me through the options you used to create this report?

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #6

Seda, can you please talk me through the options you used to create this report?

I started creating New Deal performance report (Create new -> Deal -> Performance)

• I added a filter "Deal created is This year"
    • For Measure by I closed "Number of deals"
    • For View by I closed date field "Deal created" and Monthly for interval
    • For Segment By I closed "Lead source" - custom field

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #7

Just in case - "Insights" is under your Progress tab :) 

• Nicola Meinders
    edited February 2022 #8

Thanks. I couldn't find the lead source - but I'll try this.

• Nicola Meinders
    edited February 2022 #9

Ok, so I did the first three steps fine, but how do I add the segment by - lead source. It's not in the drop down. How, do I add the custom field please?

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #10

Thanks. I couldn't find the lead source - but I'll try this.

It's custom field you have to pre-create first :) Use Single option field type. For it to appear in Insights you have to have at least 1 deal with that custom field.

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #11

Ok, so I did the first three steps fine, but how do I add the segment by - lead source. It's not in the drop down. How, do I add the custom field please?

Settings -> Data fields -> New deal field -> Single option

• Nicola Meinders
    edited February 2022 #12

I already have a field called source and one called Lead Source in Pipedrive. These are visible in most areas, but just not in the dashboards. 

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #13

I already have a field called source and one called Lead Source in Pipedrive. These are visible in most areas, but just not in the dashboards. 

Is it a Single or Multiple Option field type?

• Sam Karim
    Sam Karim Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #14

I also have a problem doing this. I have a field for lead source in the person fields. Can i only use it if it is a deal field in the insights reports? Is it not possible to view reports based on custom person fields?

• Shilpa Damle
    Shilpa Damle Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited April 2022 #15

Hi Nicola and Sam,

I would like to invite you to try our newly launched App, WeMapSales, for free. It has ready to use, map-visualized dashboards and charting capabilities. We hope it's what you're looking for. If not, please request it from us. We are committed to providing you with relevant and affordable analytics that are turn-key and easy to use. So, your feedback is invaluable.

Geo-visualization and analytics available for Pipedrive, for the first-time! Get free 90-day trial via Pipedrive Marketplace (https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/we-map-sales/6df8d296bdf3bf50). Learn more  https://youtu.be/Q7v8M6U5eOE 

Thank you,

Shilpa

VP Marketing, WeMapSales

shilpa@wemapsales.com

• Nicola Meinders
    edited April 2022 #16

Hi Shilpa, thank you very much for your response. However, having looked at the video, it's not what I really require at the moment, but thanks for offering. Nicola