Workflow Automations Run Unreliably
We've been having serious trouble with our Workflow Automations. We rely on these Automations doing their work, but sometimes they fail or just don't run and we're not even notified.
Here's scenarios where this happens:
- A user forwards an email via Smart BCC, where one or multiple contacts do not yet exist in Pipedrive. Pipedrive creates the contacts. We have automations in place that trigger on "Create Person" and fill some fields. Those automations are sometimes stopped (we see that in the Automation History) and sometimes don't trigger at all.
- We import multiple new contacts. The same automations as above apply, but trigger only for some of the contacts.
- My Google calendar gets synced to Pipedrive (2-way-sync). I have an automation that adjust these. This automation sometimes doesn't trigger at all.
Here's what we learned in hours of support discussion:
- Workflow Automation are apparently limited to 1 execution per automation per minute. This is not documented anywhere... the 2nd, 3rd... execution are "stopped". You can see that in the Automation History, but otherwise it happens silently. And even in the History we cannot see which record triggered the stopped automation.
- When we merge contacts, this does not trigger "Update Person" automatons at all.
- When multiple trigger events are caused by the same event (e.g., multiple persons created by one email via SmartBCC or multiple persons created/updated by one import), Workflow Automations only ever see the first trigger event. All other events are silently ignored.
Please Pipedrive, automations need to run reliably AND notify me about any errors. Otherwise they are worthless!
With the above limitations, we always need to manually double check and clean up. So much for saving time with automations...
What's your plans on fixing that?