Smart docs Addon

This is an appreciation post for the Smart Docs Addon in Pipedrive and I am guilty of sleeping on it forever. Just started digging into it and realize how powerful it is.

There could be others like me, which brings me to my question:

What are some challenges with Smart Docs that you are facing?

If you're, why are you using other solutions like Pandadoc, BetterProposals, etc. over Smart Docs?

Comments

• Grant_62076
    Grant_62076 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary

We need the Smart Docs feature to be able to save signature/text/check box fields for future use. It's unusable at this time without that feature.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 175
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes

Smart Docs is great. I love it.

Only thing I wish is that there was some sort of trigger via api when a document was created.

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 69 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hey!

Pedro, Engineering manager from Smart Docs team.

@Grant_62076 are you referring to signature templates where you could configure once the fields and could apply to a given document?

@Josh Buesking what actions would you need when a document is created?

• Grant_62076
    Grant_62076 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary

Hi Pedro,

That's exactly right. We need to be able to save signature/text/checkbox fields on documents for future use. At the moment, this happens right before you send (after clicking "Request signatures"). The problem is that for documents with a lot of fields, we have to manually add them every time we want to send a document which is both time-consuming and prone to error.

This would be such a useful feature if we were able to use it to replace DocuSign but at the moment we can't due to the above issue.

Thanks!

• Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Hello,

I would like to know if you can import products into the smart docs ad-on ?

Thanks,

Jan Bons

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes

I'm looking to use a smart doc as a survey / questionnaire for prospects. I see that drop down can be added to a document for selections to be made by the reader. However, is it possible for a text box to be added where the reader can write a sentence or two as well? Essentially I am looking to capture text writing from the reader in the document.

I am also interested to know that if we used the feature that allows for an unformatted page and made the background dark (black) to the readers have an option to print a more printer friendly black and white version?