Mail Sync Outlook

Options
hefa
hefa Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Pipedrive and have a question regarding the mail sync with Outlook (Hosted in O365). When I map a Mail to a Deal or Customer it is visible there. But when I delete the Mail in my Outlook it will be also deleted in Pipedrive. Is that the only way to use the sync? In my opinion a mapped mail should be stay in Pipedrive, also if I delete it in Outlook.

Regards, Heiko

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Hi @hefa

In this case, our full Email sync feature indeed is more of an Email client mirroring everything that is in your external mailbox, not really a separate mailbox itself. You can test with our trial period to understand if it works for your use case or how to best manage the emails.

As an alternative, we offer manual forwarding for emails. This is our Smart BCC feature (check the article here), which means you will manually forward an email from an external mailbox to Pipedrive either just to your inbox or linking to a specific deal already.

If you have any more specific questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com