Creating a recurring project

Options
Patsta
Patsta Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

We have some projects that are "service contracts". The customer wants some work to be repeated at set intervals, e.g. every 6 months or every 12 months.

I want to automate this handling in the project board:

• If the "start date" of a project is less than 1 month from current date, move the project to project phase "soon to be started".
  • If the project phase is "done", move the project phase back to start and calculate a new start and end date.

I have created a custom field "interval" in projects which holds the number of months.

This should be a relatively simple automation. The problem however i am facing is that there seems to be no possibilty for "scripting" in the workflow automation. For example this automation would require some simple date calculations (new start date = current date + interval). It seems this is not possible currently.

How should i go about to solve this task?

Answers

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi @Patsta

Unfortunately this calculating functionality is indeed not available today in the workflow automation. I've passed this suggestion on to our Automation team here internally. In the meantime automating tools like Zapier or Make could give you an alternative to set it up.

Hope it helps!

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

You should try using API endpoints for Projects in Make/Integromat once they are available.

Right now it doesn't look like these endpoints are available.

This discussion has been closed.