Use date as a trigger for automations

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited 12:01PM #32

I agree. I will view this post/discussion as a feature request instead of somebody asking for help. :)

• Jeremy Wine
    Jeremy Wine Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited 12:01PM #33

I also want this feature, but for a slightly different use case.

Our prospects are seasonal businesses. It only makes sense to reach out to them at specific times in their cycle, but every organization has a different season. So we'd like to kick off campaigns X days after a date that we populate in a custom field on the organization.

• Jeff Pairis
    Jeff Pairis Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12:01PM #34

@Zachary_25412 Anything that you can share?

• Zachary_25412
    Zachary_25412 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12:01PM #35

Check out www.revhero.io - can help with time based automations for pipedrive.

• Jeff Pairis
    Jeff Pairis Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12:01PM #36

Thank you @Zachary_25412. Unfortunately, I am getting a 403, site not available in your country.

• Zachary_25412
    edited 12:01PM #37

Try using a VPN to the US- I think the site is only accessible to the USA.

• Zachary_25412
    edited 12:01PM #38
  • David Monreal
    David Monreal Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #39

Hi!

I'd like to trigger actions based on payment dates, but the option is not available on the triggers.

Thanks!

• Felix Brumme
    Felix Brumme Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited June 2023 #40

It would be very helpful if we could build automations in such a way that they are started by a specific day and/or time. (daily/weekly/every 1st of the month/etc.)

Currently, automations are only started by a manual input. Which means you have to touch the deal, but automations built in the shelf to avoid that. You want to have less manual effort. 

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited 12:01PM #41

1+ vote for this functionality.

• Adam Young
    Adam Young Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited 12:01PM #42

Has this got any traction yet? I'm surprised such an expensive platform like PipeDrive would not offer a simple date trigger.

I work in the travel industry and our "Deals" are holidays. It would be great to trigger emails based on custom date fields.

In our case, these are "Departure Date" and "Return Date". Ideally, we would trigger emails "60 Days before [Departure Date]" and "7 Days after [Return Date]".

Is there any chance of developing this?

• nielsk
    nielsk Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited 12:01PM #43

Also it would be very useful to be able to make automation based on the expected close date on deals - doesn't seem to be possible either :-/

• HelenRuger
    HelenRuger Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #44

I would like to know if it's possible to auto create an activity to be due on a specific date AND time based on the deal's data fields. For example, if I'd like to auto create an activity for catering, I can have the activity 'due' on the event date listed inside the deal, but not the event time. I have to choose a specific time and then manually change the time inside the deal.

edited 12:01PM #45

Hi @HelenRuger

You can have a custom date-time range field inside the deal and automate this using Make/Integromat.

Best,

Amit

• Felix Brumme
    Felix Brumme Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited 12:01PM #46

We were only able to automate this in a roundabout way and use Zapier for this. https://zapier.com/

You can change all changes in the deal via Zapier in PD. As a trigger for Zapier, you have to build a filter in PD that contains the date. (Date is exact or earlier than today)

If you want to send a mail about such a date time-controlled directly from PD, then it is a bit more complicated:

1. PD Preparation-Settings

1.a) Create a filter in which the date field is used. (Date is exact or earlier than today)

1.b) Create additional dropdown field for trigger "task xy todo" + "task done" (This trigger field can be extended for all such automations).

2. Zapier part

2.a) zapier trigger is: deal matches filter

2.b) zapier action is: change trigger field in PD to todo

4. automation in PD is triggered with the trigger field. 

4. a) PD automation should wait for 8 hours (so you don't send the mail at midnight)

4. b) PD automation send the mail 

4 c) PD automation set the trigger field to done.

• Fouad Souak
    Fouad Souak Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited 4:44PM #47

Nous le sommes le 9 janvier 2023 et je n'ai pas l'impression que cette fonctionnalité est d'actualité.

C'est quand même terrifiant...

Qu'en est-il aujourd'hui ?

• Marisa Benito
    Marisa Benito Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited 12:01PM #48

This is really frustrating. Almost a year later, and still the same problem

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/35681

• Avilla Support
    Avilla Support Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited 12:01PM #49

We, at Avilla Innovations, can implement this exact automation with our tailored Pipeline Management service.

Scheduled a free consultation, and we'll answer all your questions: https://calendly.com/ail-sales/project-consultation

Avilla Innovations, a proud Pipedrive partner.

https://avillainnovations.com/

• O.Kyrychenko
    O.Kyrychenko Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #50

We decided to automate reminders for contracts that soon to hit an exparation date. While Automations in Pipedrive made it possible to create an activity and push it to GCal, there`s one thing that can`t be solved at this point: when we take into account the actual contract expiry date, there`s no way to set up a reminder way before that date.

There`s an option to do that one day before, you I think everyone who ever followed up on a contract continuation, will agree that this won`t help.

Currently we need to set exparation date one month before the actual one to make sure our sales reps wont miss this negotiations.

edited 12:01PM #51

You could set this up using Make/Integromat.

• Lou
    Lou Member Posts: 15
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited 12:01PM #52

Yes, we need to check if the persons ID is expired each day and then autoamte reminders. We need to check if the date is past each day but have to use a systems outside pipedrive which is annoying

• lexicon
    lexicon Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2023 #53

Hello Team!

I am trying to automate some email campaigns based on custom date fields that we use in our Travel Agency (passport expiration date, anniversary date, birthday, etc.) and am finding that there is no date related trigger in the automations. I would love to automatically send passport renewal reminders (six months before expiration date) among others. I also tried using Zapier, but campaigns aren't an event option yet. Is this on the development team's radar to add?

Thanks, Alex

edited 12:01PM #54

Hi @lexicon I recently set up a similar automation for birthday reminders using Make/Integromat.

The action could be a simple email send action.

• lexicon
    edited 12:01PM #55

Hi @Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz , I just looked at Make's Pipedrive options and it doesn't look like it can send a Pipedrive campaign either. Am I missing it? I'm trying to consolidate my tools and already use Zapier, so I am hesitant to sign up for an additional paid service.

edited 12:01PM #56

It doesn't.

Hence I suggested using a simple send email action instead of using campaigns. End points for campaigns and projects are not available yet and we therefore have to work with other options.

The specific workflow requires running an automation on a schedule, which is where Zapier doesn't cut it.

• lexicon
    edited 12:01PM #57

I was actually able to do a time-based trigger in Zapier, I just couldn't send email campaigns as the event. That would be great to have from the Pipedrive team.

• Elevate
    Elevate Member Posts: 1
    edited 12:01PM #58

Agree 100%. This affects business greatly. The reason for signing up and paying for this is to keep things organized. I am constantly still forgetting things because the automations cannot be date triggered. SO much of what a business does is based on dates.

For me, after a client starts with their chef, x days later reach out to see if they want any additional meal accommodations etc.

The list goes on, but YES, this is a needed automation for many and having to go out and find OTHER services just to make Pipedrive work creates MORE work for us, when we are trying to achieve less- a better flow. 🤷‍♀️

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited 12:01PM #59

I'm pretty sure this is coming this year. I think they mentioned date based automations in the last webinar earlier this year.

• Laurent S
    Laurent S Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited 4:44PM #60

J'ai également mis un champ date anniversaire pour nos contacts et un champ date de renouvellement sur les organisations mais impossible d'exploiter ces données avec les automatisations.

Il n'existe pas de déclencheur sur date 😕

C'est assez décevant pour un outil CRM comme Pipedrive car c'est une fonctionnalité assez classique.

• cag icer
    cag icer Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited 12:01PM #61

I wish there is an option like a calendar that I can schedule the activity for a certain date instead of a delay! For instance, birthdays or Halloween, or Christmas should be automated easly with just choosing a date for an action and repeat every year or 3-6 months what ever.

Does it make sense what I ask? And is it hard to do?