Better notifications for Live chat

Anthonyp92
Anthonyp92 Member Posts: 2
5 Up Votes First Comment

Notifications for live chat are quite frustrating - desktop notifications only last as long as all other notifications so easy to miss if away from your desk. Would be good to get an email notification to all people who are signed up for Live Chat when someone is waiting. Also to have the tab bar to change with a message live "Chat Waiting!" would help draw attention.

Tagged:
17 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Damien Halloran
    Damien Halloran Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

Love this feature, however it appears troublesome for desktop users since you don't get notified of live chats waiting unless you have browser notifications turned on.  When do you do turn them on, you get EVERY Pipedrive notification coming through, driving you crazy! A better suggestion would be a pulsing icon showing the number of live chats waiting over the Leads Icon. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2023 #3

Hi @Damien Halloran , we appreciate your feedback and your suggestion!

Currently you will get a notification when the following occurs: 

• A new conversation is added to the unassigned folder  
    • New message from a conversation assigned to you 
    • Assignment of a new conversation 

Which is to say you get notified about chats directed to you and chats that don't have an "owner" yet, so they don't fall through the cracks. 

I can see how the current interface can sometimes be overwhelming or distracting, so I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration in future developments. 🚀

• Damien Halloran
    Damien Halloran Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #4

Which is to say you get notified about chats directed to you and chats that don't have an "owner" yet, so they don't fall through the cracks. 

I can see how the current interface can sometimes be overwhelming or distracting, so I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration in future developments. 🚀

Ines

My issue is that to receive the notifications I had to turn on Chrome notifications in my browser. When I do that, I get notifications from every activity in Pipedrive, such as someone updating an Organisation, Person, mail party etc.

Way too many! Which is why I have Chrome notifications turned off.  So therefore if browser notifications are the only way that Pipedrive can notify you of a waiting chat, then it is a flawed system and should be addressed.

Thanks

Damien

• Christian Meyer_9924
    Christian Meyer_9924 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2023 #5

First of all: Leadboster is a great addon. To work here with Playbooks and to improve it more and more, I appreciate it very much.

I would wish that I get a notification via slack when someone starts a live chat. Slack is very common and many companies work with it.

To be able to conduct the dialogue directly out of slack would be the highlight.

But getting a notification in slack would be a good start.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #6

Thank you for clarifying, @Damien Halloran , this helps us understand your use case better. 

I'm sorry to hear you're not having an ideal experience right now and I understand your frustration. I’ll discuss your comments with our team and share your concerns. 

• Saša Batovanja
    Saša Batovanja Posts: 18 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2023 #7

Hi @Damien Halloran , I understand the issue that you have.

The thing is that Live Chat notifications and general Pipedrive notifications are two separate features.

In order to get only Live Chat notifications without general Pipedrive notifications, make sure that you have unchecked the "Display real-time notifications about updates as they happen" at the bottom of Personal settings page.

Hope that helps...

• Saša Batovanja
    Saša Batovanja Posts: 18 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2023 #8

First of all: Leadboster is a great addon. To work here with Playbooks and to improve it more and more, I appreciate it very much.

I would wish that I get a notification via slack when someone starts a live chat. Slack is very common and many companies work with it.

To be able to conduct the dialogue directly out of slack would be the highlight.

Thanks for your feedback, @Christian Meyer !

If you have any more feedback or suggestions regarding Live Chat, feel free to share it with us. It helps us greatly shaping the product in right direction.

• Nicola Barton
    Nicola Barton Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #9

I'd love to have this feature. We're moving from Hubspot as this is one of features we'll miss. 

• Alvaro Rojas
    Alvaro Rojas Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #10

Hi there! Any news on the live chat - slack integration?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #11

Hi there! Any news on the live chat - slack integration?

Hi @Alvaro Rojas !

No news at the moment. Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Carl O'Malley
    Carl O'Malley Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #12

Instead of just a pop-up, we could do with sound notifications along with the pop-up.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2023 #13

Thanks @Carl O'Malley for sharing, I've made sure our team sees this suggestion.

• Yves Reymond
    Yves Reymond Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #14

An own Pipedrive  Chat Pop-up would be great as the window notification sound or Pop-up, is too short. (Sound only once). Why not look in Chat apps which already do so? As well responding in the pop-up etc. 

• Yves Reymond
    Yves Reymond Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #15

I think it needs improvement in the notification. Sound which repeats, Pop-up which allows you to click on to get to the chat, Geotagging etc. It is a lot of Chat app which offer that on the market, no need to re-invent

• Don Litzenberg_39212
    Don Litzenberg_39212 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #16

Recently, we started using the chat function on our website.  I like the interface and flow overall, however, I have a hard time getting notified of inbound chats.  The notification system as designed will pop a browser notification once you have it set up, but it's an all or nothing.  So if I am working on my database and literally touching hundreds (sometimes up to a 1000) contacts and get a notification every time the contact is updated, that means that a chat notification can go unnoticed. You get notifications of things like unread emails in your menu bar (or overdue activities) it would be beneficial to show any inbound chats here as well.

• Savvy Management Team
    Savvy Management Team Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #17

we cant make it make a sound at all has anyone managed to find a way around this?

• Adam Strohl
    Adam Strohl Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #18

THIS!  I honestly don't see how live chat is useful without a 'ringing' notification in the pipedrive interface, like every other chat solution has for agents.

A fleeting browser notification is easily missed.

• Jim Edward Caudell
    Jim Edward Caudell Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #19

What NO sound? How is this chat even useful? There's NOTHING more frustrating than missing a hungry lead because you "missed" a notification. I +1 this request.

• Johnny_1891
    Johnny_1891 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #20

Using pipedrive live chat for almost a year. A this point we are probably going to move back to our previous chat system or other online chat system out there.

The biggest issue is that no one gets the notifications. Even me as the admin if i honestly didn't have an iWatch, or wearing it even i missed the people trying to connect.

No ability to close the chat for after hours. Like come on why the heck can someone try to connect to a chat at 2am. That just makes no sense and there is not way to schedule when people are available.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited April 2023 #21

Hi @Johnny!
    Thank you for the feedback! With the issue of the notifications, I hope you can reach out to our Support team to further check. However, I will forward the feedback of setting online/offline hours to the team. At the moment indeed every user just needs to set themselves online/offline. 

• Johnny_1891
    Johnny_1891 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #22

Even if you guys introduced a schedule for the chat. The largest issue is that ALL users have complain they miss people who try to use the live chat with us. Again the notification is absolutely terrible.

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited April 2023 #23

I just can agree! Out of 10 times I do not see in time that somebody wants to chat with us.

It would make perfectly sense to have a specific type of notification for chats. In a perfect world you can enable Web Push Notifications. From the technical point of view it is easy to implement for Pipedrive and for all users. 

• Jonathan Berube
    Jonathan Berube Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #24

Is there any update on this Pipedrive team?  Without this the function is useless?

• Raul_47457
    Raul_47457 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #25

Is there any update on this Pipedrive team?  Without this the function is useless?

I Agree!

• Annalisa Sims
    Annalisa Sims Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #26

We currently rely on PD's chatbot to provide live assistance to our customers and those interested in our product. We are running into issues with missing live chats however due to notification issues. As I understand it there are two ways to receive notifications: 1)enable desktop notifications through browser and PD or 2) download and use mobile app

The problem lies in enabling desktop notifications. I am then alerted to all actions in PD, not just chat notifications. It is extremely difficult to discern a chatbot notification from all the other noise. Ultimately we all turn off these notifications because its too distracting/overwhelming.

We are then forced to download the PD mobile app, have the phone by our computers, and rely on its sound notifications to alert us of a chat. Pretty disappointing we have to use two devices to use this feature.

Recommendation: allow users to turn on notifications for chats only, rather than all notifications for PD.

• Vaughn Talbert
    Vaughn Talbert Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2023 #27

I agree.  Notifications for chatbot should be separate from the general Pipedrive notifications, as they both occur at different tempos and have different priorities when it comes to follow-up actions. 

It is very frustrating as it is now.

• Gaylord Chambers
    Gaylord Chambers Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #28

The notifications for chat only  are essential to be able to use the tool.

• Gaylord Chambers
    Gaylord Chambers Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #29

I agree.  Notifications for chatbot should be separate from the general Pipedrive notifications, as they both occur at different tempos and have different priorities when it comes to follow-up actions. 

It is very frustrating as it is now.

Yes it is and makes the tool almost useless.

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2023 #30

Hi Annalisa,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback! 

I have checked this issue with our live chat product team and they confirmed that Live Chat notifications are a separate entity and it is possible to get only notifications for Live Chat by unchecking the In-app desktop notification check-box under Personal preferences here.

Hopefully, this will help you! Keep in mind that after unchecking this, users will not receive any deal/item update notifications.

Kind regards,
    Andreia

• Valentin Navarro
    Valentin Navarro Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2022 #31

Work on Live Chat notifications needs to be done. Chrome alerts are not adapted: activation/deactivation in extended screen, mixing with other browser alerts, lack of customization. When will it be possible to have a sound system for example. 

It will be necessary to take example on the other tools in order to propose the main functionalities (notifications, integration, personalization, plug-in, desktop app, tickets, ...)