Custom Fields - Multiple Options and Single Option fields

Jeffrey Farrick
Jeffrey Farrick Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

When using the "Multiple Options" or "Single Options" custom fields in PD, you create a predefined list of options that translates to a dropdown list on a person/deal/organization page. In the current build of PD, deleting an option from a custom field deletes that option from the drop down list as well as deleting all records of it.

It would be great if you could disable specific options in a custom field from appearing in the drop down list on a person/deal/organization page. This would allow a PD admin to "Archive" certain options. 

The main benefits are:

1. Disabled options can't be selected moving forward - useful for when the option is no longer relevant
  2. Disabled options won't be deleted from PipeDrive entirely, you can still filter PD and search for people/deals/organizations that used the option when it was available even if you can't select the option currently/moving forward
  3. You could re-enable the option in the dropdown list if it becomes relevant, allowing you to tag new people/deals/organizations with that option

Tagged:
3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2020 #2

@Jeffrey Farrick thanks for sharing!! I'll definitely make sure your suggestions hit the desk of our Product manager working on this 🚀 

• Adrienne Li
    Adrienne Li Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #3

This!! Is there a better workaround than changing the labelling of the irrelevant options to "Option 3_Do not use"? The new options don't really relate to a previous option so exporting the data, changing the value, and re-importing doesn't quite solve the problem. Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #4

This!! Is there a better workaround than changing the labelling of the irrelevant options to "Option 3_Do not use"? The new options don't really relate to a previous option so exporting the data, changing the value, and re-importing doesn't quite solve the problem. Thanks!

Hi @Adrienne Li I wish I had better news, but there has been no progress on this since my last response here last year. I'll shake some trees again and make our team aware of this but for now renaming is the best workaround..

• Adrienne Li
    Adrienne Li Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2021 #5

Thanks @Mike van der Valk for the update and advice. I will just have to wait for the good news then! 

• Adm Pipedrive
    Adm Pipedrive Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi, @Mike van der Valk ! This functionality would also be extremely useful and necessary for my company. Do you have any updates? Thank you in advance!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #7

Hi, @Mike van der Valk ! This functionality would also be extremely useful and necessary for my company. Do you have any updates? Thank you in advance!

No news unfortunately, I'm sorry :( 

• Dave Harding
    Dave Harding Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This feature would be really useful. We track 'lead source' against each sales opportunity ("deal") and the list now stands at 15. There are about 10 that will always be there (existing customer, website, etc), but then there are events that only need to be live for selecting for a few weeks, but then afterwards I want to keep the record of which sales came from which event...

...the information is critical in justifying my marketing budget and also helps me justify the spend on Pipedrive :).

Pretty soon the list will have grown to 20 or 30 and it starts to get unmanageable. With this feature the 'live list' would stay at 10 or 12 - much better.

Another solution that (for me) would achieve the same thing is being able to manually sort the drop down list - I would just move the old events to the bottom of the list. Right now all I can do is alphabetical order.

• Barry Benton
    Barry Benton Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Another vote for this feature. Any updates? I have a list that's getting pretty long and some of the items are no longer needed. Would be great to delete the item from the options in the list but not have it affect current records that have that item associated with their record.

• RobDennehy
    RobDennehy Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I've only accidentally come accross this post without realising it's a problem. I have deleted some options in the past and did not notice that doing so went and deleted items from my database. There is no warning in the interface that removing an option from the dropdown will remove any records that used the option in the past.

Is there any movement on fixing this? At the very least a warning in the interface that this will happen as at this point this data is not recoverable for me.