Privacy checkbox for webforms with html-link

Hi there,
in order to be save with GDPR and general privacy laws we need to add a checkbox with a link to our Privacy Policy before the send button in webforms. I tried several workarounds and talked to Pipedrive support, but it seems there is no legal solution at the moment to get an opt-in by the user and directly link to you Privacy Policy.

I can think of two simple solutions: 
A) Allowing a rich text / html field with information only to be inserted into a webform like

By sending this form I accept the <a href="https://mydomain.com/privacy" target="_new">Privacy Policy</a>.

B) Adding a standard privacy checkbox-field into webforms like 

I have read the <a href="https://mydomain.com/privacy" target="_new">Privacy Policy</a> and accept it.

Please let me know if there is a solution for this and I haven't found it. Otherwise please add this feature :)

Thanks,

Marco

Tagged:
1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Soy Alejandro Torres de IDEUSS
    edited April 2022 #2

Thanks Marco.

Could be possible with this option  to update an information field inside Pipedrive?

i think that using a pipeprive form , could be possible to create new data, but i do not know if possible to modify existing data.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2022 #3

@Michal Smetana Could you take a look at this feedback and respond when you have time :) 

• Michal Smetana
    Michal Smetana Pipedrive Team Posts: 5 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi Marco,

we are actually currently working on a functionality like this as part of new web forms that we plan to introduce to our platform later this year, so stay tuned!

Michal

• Martijn van den Corput
    Martijn van den Corput Member Posts: 9
    Integration Partner
    edited April 2022 #5

Hi @Marco Hartmann, maybe we can help you. 

take a look at https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/opt-insight-central-gdpr-consent-manager/ab323d3796232525

We can easy orchestrate all legal basis of GDPR for you at contactlevel.

Do you want more info? please send me an email martijn@opt-insight.com

Regards, Martijn

• Thorsten
    Thorsten Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #6

Hi Marco,

we are actually currently working on a functionality like this as part of new web forms that we plan to introduce to our platform later this year, so stay tuned!

Michal

Hi Marco, 

we also need to add a checkbox with a link to our Privacy Policy before the send button in webforms.

when will this function available. your last note on this was 5 month ago. Any new informations about this?

C Thorsten

• Pascal_13251
    Pascal_13251 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #7

Hi Marco,

Michal

Hi Michal,
    we also need this functionality. Do you have any estimated time frame for this feature?
    Or is there a workaround?

Cheers Pascal

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #8

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

any updates on this? In Germany this is a MUST for working with the webforms. 

@Mike van der Valk Just to keep you in the loop :-)

And just that you know: We are recommending a workaround to our customers. They are creating a single option data field in the Person entity called "Email consent" with a single option "Yes". And insert it in the webform:

The "I read the data policy"- text comes into the field label. The stupid thing: You can not use links because the field label doesn't allow enogh characters when using the standard text AND hyperlinks. So this will always be an insufficient workaround!

A quick win would be to allow more characters as field label. But on the long term we need an option "Use Data policy consent" with a customizable text and a checkbox. It must look like this:

Best Regards
    Bernd

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #9

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

And just that you know: We are recommending a workaround to our customers. They are creating a single option data field in the Person entity called "Email consent" with a single option "Yes". And insert it in the webform:

The "I read the data policy"- text comes into the field label. The stupid thing: You can not use links because the field label doesn't allow enogh characters when using the standard text AND hyperlinks. So this will always be an insufficient workaround!

A quick win would be to allow more characters as field label. But on the long term we need an option "Use Data policy consent" with a customizable text and a checkbox. It must look like this:

Best Regards
    Bernd

Thanks @Bernd Auer just tagging you here again @Michal Smetana since you were in the original thread!

• Benjamin Krause
    Benjamin Krause Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited August 2021 #10

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

Best Regards
    Bernd

Any news about that? We dont subscribe Pipedrive, when it dont have a function GDPR...like simple checkbox in a contact form ^^

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #11

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

Best Regards
    Bernd

Hi @Benjamin Krause unfortunately there's no default solution yet. I'll highlight this to the team. You could work with a custom field though where you ask someone to input yes while filling in the web form to give you the permission you need.

• Benjamin Krause
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #12

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

Best Regards
    Bernd

Hi @Mike van der Valk  , I've done this so far, but of course it's not the perfect solution like others have.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #13

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

Best Regards
    Bernd

I understand @Brad Krause I'm doing my best to highlight this internally.

• Benjamin Krause
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #14

Hi @Michal Sestak ,

Best Regards
    Bernd

yes maby you can integrate also a adding script field where we can add a conversion script for analytics. The same in the chatbot/livechat.

• Taneli
    Taneli Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Any updates on this? This functionality is critical for us to be able to move completely to using Pipedrive web forms. If this is not available, we still have to use another service provider for the web forms. Thank you for your help!