0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

Hi @Glen Kelleway 

I'd love to pass on your suggestion to the team. Could you clarify for what specific reason this is a must? Are there specific laws in your line of business or in Canada itself that state the need for this?
    I'm trying to get as much info from you as I can so I can pass it on to the right team here internally 😊 thanks in advance!

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Posts: 76
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 24 #3

Good morning 

I can confirm that privacy legislation in Canada stipulates that all "P. I. I" (personal identifiable information) involving Canadians must be physically hosted in Canada. 

Canadian businesses are aware of this important issue. SaaS providers that choose not to respect data-residency rules are at a competitive disadvantage. 

Enforcement is admittedly mixed in some industries but Glen knows that regulators in his industry could potentially issue business-destroying fines. In other industries enforcement is severe. Pipedrive excludes itself from consideration in the Canadian health and defence sectors for this simple reason. 

I have raised this issue with Pipedrive often, but not once since this Community was established (to my discredit). 

Glen is absolutely correct that this is super-important to us. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2020 #4

Good morning 

I can confirm that privacy legislation in Canada stipulates that all "P. I. I" (personal identifiable information) involving Canadians must be physically hosted in Canada. 

Canadian businesses are aware of this important issue. SaaS providers that choose not to respect data-residency rules are at a competitive disadvantage. 

Enforcement is admittedly mixed in some industries but Glen knows that regulators in his industry could potentially issue business-destroying fines. In other industries enforcement is severe. Pipedrive excludes itself from consideration in the Canadian health and defence sectors for this simple reason. 

I have raised this issue with Pipedrive often, but not once since this Community was established (to my discredit). 

Glen is absolutely correct that this is super-important to us. 

Thanks @Joseph Valenti can you point me to the legislation and give me a link where I can find more information so that I can pass it on internally?

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Posts: 76
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 29 #5

Yes, I'll do that this week. 

Thank you.