Feature Request: Ability to exclude Calendar items marked as Private

124»

Comments

• Yols
    Yols Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Sadly this was final straw for me. Not only is Pipedrive's Gmail integration buggy, I cannot believe that private calendar appointments become accessible to other company users and NO ability for an individual to mark an appointment as private or at least revoke access to other users to your calendar. Such a violation of privacy and increases risk of other people inadvertently removing items from your calendar. MAJOR oversight by Pipedrive and initially raised almost 2 years ago with no roadmap to fix something so rudimentary. The one way sync is pathetic at best. How can you try and make an appointment or set a task in pipedrive to find your calendar is blank and now you need to switch into google - because the one way sync does not pick up appointments in google calendar, to then find when enabling 2 way sync everyone in the company not only can see all your appointments (private or otherwise) but can also edit your calendar.

Fix the basics!

• Yols
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #93

Sadly this was final straw for me. Not only is Pipedrive's Gmail integration buggy, I cannot believe that private calendar appointments become accessible to other company users and NO ability for an individual to mark an appointment as private or at least revoke access to other users to your calendar. Such a violation of privacy and increases risk of other people inadvertently removing items from your calendar. MAJOR oversight by Pipedrive and initially raised almost 2 years ago with no roadmap to fix something so rudimentary. The one way sync is pathetic at best. How can you try and make an appointment or set a task in pipedrive to find your calendar is blank and now you need to switch into google - because the one way sync does not pick up appointments in google calendar, to then find when enabling 2 way sync everyone in the company not only can see all your appointments (private or otherwise) but can also edit your calendar.

Fix the basics!

• Yols
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #94

Fix the basics!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,067 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #95

Hello everyone, I have bundled your feedback on the subject of syncing private Gmail/Outlook calendar events to Pipedrive, into a single feedback post. Please be sure to upvote this and any other feedback you agree with. You can find the upvote button at the top of the first page in the conversation.

• dallaslloyd
    dallaslloyd Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Would love to sync my calendar but have the events show up as "busy" or "private" like it currently does for others when they try to view my calendar on Outlook. The support rep told me that there is no way to toggle on and off a "private" option for calendars. For now, that means I will not sync my calendar because I don't want my company viewing all of the details for things on my calendar (doctor's appts, etc.)

• eric.hubert
    eric.hubert Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

@Mike van der Valk

Hi Mike

It seems that the syncing of calendars with Office 365 includes all events, including the private events. This is a real limiting factor and i ma now questionning the complaince of this sync engine with regards to GDPR. Also not to mention adoption push back as we are in teh process of mligrating to Pipedrive. This is definitely a show stoppoer.

Unless, you coudl at least decipher teh priorizing given for thsi enhancement in your road map. Can you commit to a tilmeframe for it to be corrected? Till then I am afraid but we will have push backs from users to share their and sync their calendars.

Thansk for yoru response or escalation.

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

@Jürgen Kuttenberger we are having the same problem. "Private" appointments synced to Pipedrive, with all information. Not great...

Okay to list, that there is an activity or such, but lets somehow be able to give it a status/tag/label of "private", so that those can be filtered out on reports, overview, tables etc.

@Mike van der Valk shouldn't that be possible to add without much coding?

• Thomas nx
    Thomas nx Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

is it it problem pipedrive is going to fix or not? We just started with the tool and now we can ask everybody to stop the sync because of privacy violations. That is a desaster.

• Jeffrey Bell
    Jeffrey Bell Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment

Upvote.

Not to be a keyboard warrior, but @pipedrive... cmon guys. Get this thing figured out. We've been spinning our wheels on this for over a year. This is a very very high priority

• I agree with Jeffrey!! Please make your voice heard by voting on the feature request at the top on p 1.

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Hi @eric.hubert

We'd like to probe further into this and definitely act on your feedback. There are possibly two options. If we do not sync events which are marked "private" in your external calendar, then this could risk double booking with other Pipedrive activities (especially if you're using our Scheduler). What do you think of having these private events block your availability on the Pipedrive calendar but no information is shown to any of the users?

We'll take this up internally and discuss with the team. Regarding timelines, we cannot promise you a date but I will keep you posted on updates.

Until then, two workarounds we suggest is to use one-way sync or to create a new calendar in Google/Microsoft which is Pipedrive specific and doesn't have your internal/private events. Hope this workaround helps in the interim until we further research a good solution for private events. Please let us know on the above on your feedback and thoughts.

• Eileen Romito
    Eileen Romito Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

@Vincent Jyrwa

I think your second solution is the right one (bring in the private events, but don't show details, so just block the calendar).

We actually left pipedrive for another CRM and this calendar issue was one of the main reasons we switched.

The workaround of creating a new calendar in Google that doesn't have private events doesn't work if you intend to reference that calendar to show your availability to people scheduling a meeting with you via the Pipedrive scheduler.

• eric.hubert
    eric.hubert Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

@Vincent Jyrwa

Hi Viencent thanks for sharing yoru insights and potential workaround, which we have already consider however the oneway is creating other issues, as for instance scheduling activities from Pipedrive on blocked slots in teh external calendar, or teh double calendar which also create redundancy (as privately busy slots are not visible by other users viewing your external calendar for planning invites...).

The idea of having private event of teh external calendar synced in without any information a,f just a slot blocker would be oustanding, and solve the issue.

By the way this situation of basically revealing content of private calendar items when synced through Pipeline, is a serious GDPR breach....😔

Thanks

• @Vincent Jyrwa

Agreed - the private calendar items must block time without showing the private details. Outlook does this by changing the event title, when viewed by others, to Private Event|Meeting|Appointment so that private details are not shared and the time is blocked on the calendar.

IMO - a second calendar isn't a workaround for the same reason @Eileen Romito mentions above.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

My guess is Pipedrive are working on too many new products/add-ons. Rather than fixing glaring issues in their core product, the CRM. Several issues like this are outstanding. For example per pipeline custom fields was requested years ago, though to be fair I understand it is scheduled for release some time this year.

• Jannik
    Jannik Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #107

Do you also have the problem that private calendar entries in Outlook are synchronized with Pipedrive and are therefore visible to everyone?

• Manuel Oliveira
    edited August 2023 #108

Hi @Jannik this is a popular feature request, and you can upvote and comment on it here. Our product team is already researching this but the more upvotes and use cases they have, the better. So feel free to participate there :)

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 224 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

@Graham Cox @Jenn Anderson-Logas @eric.hubert @Eileen Romito @Jeffrey Bell @Thomas nx @Mathias Brask

Hi all, thank you for your patience on this topic. We are at a position now where we'd like to understand this problem more. We also have some designs prepared that we'd like to get your feedback on before we implement a solution. If you'd like to help us, please book a 30min slot on my calendar this week at this link ->

https://pipedrivebakerstreet.pipedrive.com/scheduler/0daY5UJD/private-activities-feedback-and-testing

This call will be done on Google Meet. Looking forward to speaking with you!

Best,

Vince

• What is the status of this issue, did you find a solution so we can get this topic / issue solved?

• LasseWH
    LasseWH Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Just wish to impress the importance of finding a resolution for this issue,.

Visibility groups- not being able to se all notes and Meetings on deals, defies the purpose of using the CRM on a company transparency level,

One -way sync does the same from a UX perspective, as it makes the process tedious and time consuming

The secondary calendar is a hopeless solution as well, as it leaves both the CRM AND the Outlook blind to the timeslot booking that Private Meetings in calendar are designed to address.

Waiting for feedback on where you are going,on this matter. Hope to hear from you in the very near future.

• Jeffrey Bell
    Jeffrey Bell Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment

@Vincent Jyrwa - There is going to be a lot of appreciation and a reduction in headaches if you start to address this. Im not sure it really requires a meeting to understand that private events on Outlook need to remain private in Pipedrive... that's pretty much as simple as it gets.

• @Jeffrey Bell They are getting close to releasing this feature request because I participated in a "Feedback and Testing" meeting with @Vincent Jyrwa in early May.

• Haba
    Haba Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I think this is a biiiig problem as i tried to find out how to avoid private markings to be shown all team members and found out questions about this dated years back.

I don't mind if these more private activities would pop up in PD calendar also if there would be a option to mark them in PD as private. So u just crate a private task in outlook, then go to the PD and press the button. At least it would tackle the issue even though it is not the perfect solution.

Just noticed that some of my (as a team leader) tasks that included information that is not meant to be shown other team members were visible to all...

• Carly Wright
    Carly Wright Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Agree with everyone posting that this is a big problem.

I can't even delete the specific private or irrelevant events from Pipedrive which is really frustrating. So the option is either; don't sync or have everything visible, which as everyone has mentioned is a HR issue as well as a problem for reporting from Pipedrive as a CRM system!

It stops our company syncing calendars with Pipedrive, lessening your value as a CRM and adding time to the working day.

I hope these sessions lead to a solution soon!

• Manuel Oliveira

Hi everyone, we are releasing a new feature to address this need! You can find out all about it here.

• LasseWH
    LasseWH Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

What's the timeline look like?

We've passed End July, as stated in the article.

• I'm a new user and I'm really excited about Pipedrive. But there is one thing I cannot understand at all and that is that there is absolutely no way to make my own schedule or activities invisible to all subordinate employees. I don't know any company in the world where employees can snoop on the boss's calendar or change something inside! Something like this needs to be done urgently. It doesn't help me at all to regulate this problem through the visibility of individual elements because everything else is shared among the employees and that's a good thing. But they have nothing to do in my schedule. You need just to make the activities or schedule of certain people invisible to lower-level employees. That shouldn't be that difficult and should probably already be desired by many people, am i right?

• kingemp
    kingemp Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 16 #119

Totally agree, the visibility group and as well data security between existing users has to be improved.

• Manuel Oliveira
    edited January 16 #120

Hi @Haris Bahtijarevic, thank you for the feedback! There is already an existing thread on this feature request. I’ll merge your comment with it to make it more visible to our product team.