Email template formatting when copy and pasting text into email templates

jpoyser
jpoyser Member Posts: 6
First Comment

Email formatting issues for the recipient when copy and pasting text into email templates.

We have been through issues recently with copy and pasted content (pasted as plain text) into Email Template, which appears correct in the Template, but the recipient in either email provider Gmail or Outlook (whether browser or app) receives the email with formatting all incorrect, eg. extra paragraph lines.

The only way it was able to be rectified was re-typing the email out. This cannot be the way forward... how tedious.

It was not a 'fancy' email, it was a few paragraphs of text, and attachment at the bottom and one dynamic field for the recipient's first name.

We've been in contact with Support & Pipedrive Engineers about this already. Cleared cache, tried in incognito and other browsers & email providers. It's come down to copy & pasting content vs hard-typing it each time.... not ideal.

Anyone else having these issues?

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper

Hi @jpoyser

In this case when copy/pasting content to email, I would always suggest adding all information and then using the remove styling button. After all styling is removed, you can select the needed font size, etc for the specific template.

However, as you were already in contact with our Support team - they were able to see your exact Template and make suggestions based on that.

• Marcus Hennecke
    Marcus Hennecke Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Same issue here.

Even if in PD I set everything to Arial 13, the size keeps different.

And comes out in the sent email even worse.

• Jared
    Jared Member Posts: 53
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment First Answer

I had had a client with the same issue. The formatting was wrong, and there were borders around the paragraphs. I used the https://www.textcleanr.com/# tool and removed all the HTML and removed the "Unicode" and this helped to remove the borders. I would clean the text and then if there is any formating do that all within the template tool.