Project and Dynamic Dates

Jay Roberts
Jay Roberts Member Posts: 8
5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

In reviewing the new project feature, seems that not having dynamic dates available is a real challenge. Especially for templates, having the ability to set one activity due 7 (example) days after the completion of another phase or activity would be game changing. Else all activities show up due with dates only tied to a fixed date. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jay Roberts

Making progress here using workflow.

• KimV
    KimV Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment

I have the same thought. And I started looking at workflows as well, but it seems Projects don't have the same granularity as Deals, so targeting individual activities/tasks isn't going so well for me. I'd love to know if you've found a work around.

• Jay Roberts

@KimV the projects are working using workflow to add activities which can then have relative due dates tied the the triggering activity or even when a deal is added to the project. We end up having tasks that are more like a project outline and my guess is my users will just leave these untouched so they end up being the workflow outline more or less. It's working so far and like many other things on with pipedrive, we are using them slightly different then it seems they were programed to be used for. Our case specifically, involves projects initiated, deals then get tagged/linked and we continue to work. Auto linking deals on creation really will be the next big change we hope to see. We then follow the deals through using projects until close as they aren't just sales leads, many are current client orders we nurture and manage as a relationship managment platform not just lead gen.

• KimV
    KimV Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment

Thanks Jay.

I'm with you. We want projects to manage actual projects - not sales, which is what the Deals module is for (and does very well). A project outline with some target goal dates is great, and easy to create with the project template. But we're finding it's not yet as versatile as we need it to be. Some goal dates can't be set at creation... they're dependent on the completion of previous activities.

Using automation, we were able to create specific incident activities based on stage change triggers. But even that is not as robust as it should be. We can't even assign the phase the new activities should be created in, so they just get lumped to the unassigned phase section.

I do feel like they're moving forward with this module though and I'm excited to see what they add next. I'm also really waiting for zapier integration with the project module. That will help out tremendously.