Projects : Find/Create/Update integration through Zapier

Options
lukekelly
lukekelly Member Posts: 2
5 Likes Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi @Mike van der Valk , tagging you as you appear to be Projects PM,

Do you have intention and timeline as to when we could find/create/update projects through Zapier?

Thanks,

Luke

Answers

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi @lukekelly

Thanks for the tag and you tagged the right person 🙏🏻

Unfortunately there is not a timeline on this yet. We're yet to make our API public and only after that Zapier can work on it. At the moment we're working on the task list view. I'll discuss with the team if we can prioritise the API.

have a great day!

• lukekelly
    lukekelly Member Posts: 2
    5 Likes Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk ,

I look forward to hearing more on this and will check in at a later stage.

Happy start to a new month and have a great day too!

Luke

• Jay Roberts
    Jay Roberts Member Posts: 8
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

We are looking to find and link a project already created when creating a new deal thru Zap. Keep this top if possible.

• Joel Hill
    Joel Hill Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Looking to use Zapier to integrate with time tracking apps. Alternatively, we would use time tracking in Pipedrive if we can partition the project team to only see projects and not see the sales / deal side of Pipedrive. Otherwise we need to use Zapier to sync project time to a time tracking app to keep the different job functions clean and delineated.

• Whitney Hill
    Whitney Hill Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Being able to link to Projects in Pipedrive using Zapier would allow us to more easily bridge the gap with our construction management software, Buildertrend. BT is working on the integration with Pipedrive, but have not heard progress.

We end up mirroring our Buildertrend schedule phases in Pipedrive so we can trigger better client communications via Pipedrive (e.g. using templated update emails), and currently we update the Project phases manually.

Enabling Zapier integration with Project lookup + Trigger / Update Project Board-Phase would allow us to have an awesome workaround where we do our work Buildertrend updating schedules etc, we get a nightly bulk export of all the raw data, which populates a report (could be in a google sheet or something that easily integrates with Zapier).

• Whitney Hill
    Whitney Hill Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk -- follow up on my comment above, I created a 10 min video overview for our team that explains all the automation steps to duct tape together one-click interface between Buildertrend To-Dos and Pipedrive Activities, plus an example use case. Happy to send to you if helpful.

Behind the scenes, we are utilizing BT email notifications to a dedicated email address, Gmail filtering & forwarding rules, Email Parser by Zapier, Zapier to shoot that data over to Pipedrive as an Activity so we can then identify the Project to move to the next phase.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi @Whitney Hill

Please feel free to share, these videos are always useful learning material. Since a few months I've internally moved to another team but the new Product Manager on Projects recently posted an update here.

So API is on the way, then Zapier on their end needs to implement it in the Pipedrive integration and you should be good to go :)

• Jacob Bank
    Jacob Bank Member Posts: 17
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Whitney Hill , I work on Relay.app (an alternative to Zapier) and I'm happy to see if we can help you build something smoother as soon as the Pipedrive API is ready or to look into another workaround in the near term.

This discussion has been closed.