Creating an Activity automation based on a deal

Lesley Condon
Lesley Condon Member Posts: 2
First Anniversary
edited February 2023 in Workflow Automation #1

I'm to trying to create an automated activity which is based on a deal. moving from one stage of a pipeline to another. It is asking me to select a Activity Subject - what is this? Nothing on the list fits what i need.

Basically i'm saying when a deal is moved from A to B, set C as an activity due to be completed in 1 day by Lesley

Seems easy but nothing is working!!

😜

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper

Hi @Lesley Condon

In this case, the "Activity subject" is just the title or the name of the activity like a Call, Meeting etc. You don't need to refer back to previous information but can just choose to type whatever you need. An example from my side is this activity created using automation and subject being "Important meeeeting!" and type meeting (visible from icon): https://sharing.pipedrive.com/i/SpNgsm

As I don't see the full setup, just wanted to suggest also when adding the activity in automations, include fields like "Linked Deal" etc. to the activity. This ensures that when activity is created, it will also show up linked under the Deal detail view (options also for Person and Organization).

If you have any more questions, you can always reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com.

• Edwin_42983
    Edwin_42983 Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2023 #3

@Kreete K I have an additional question (since I have the same need). When I create this automation, the activities that end up being created are 'orphans'. How do I get this activity to be IN the deal itself?

In my activities overview I'm now missing vital information on this activity such as deal-name and deal-organisation...

(AH NEVER MIND: It worked when I used a template. I started from scratch and then the problem above occured. But when I start with the pre-defined automations, it works. Great stuff!)

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper

Hi @Edwin_42983

In this case, you can achieve it also from scratch, just make sure you have selected needed links like: Linked Deal, Linked Person, and Linked Organization under the Workflow automation setup: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/i/uBDNHP