Attaching files to tasks

Options
John Lyder
John Lyder Member Posts: 11
5 Likes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Would it be possible to implement a function for attaching files to tasks in the Project Module? Tasks can be very important and often related to finish documents, send documents, change design files etc. It would be nice to be able to attach files to tasks.

Best Answer

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi John,

At the moment it's not in the plans but I've heard it before. I've added your feedback as a note to the request for when we might prioritise it.

Answers

• AJ Willoughby
    AJ Willoughby Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Attaching files to tasks would be a game changer for us. We have been struggling trying to figure out how to do work arounds and still have not found a good work around yet (I'm open to suggestions on a good work around).

Is there a way to get this feature put into the future plan for sometime in the next 6 months? (trying to keep the staff from being upset with me all the time about this)

AJ

• Martin_63179
    Martin_63179 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I created a file on google drive. I drop my documents that I want to have in a task for a person of my team. I create my task in Pipedrive, add the description box that allows me to add linked documents. In the end, it's one more step but I have all my tasks grouped in one place, categorized and by team person with the documents needed to get the job done. 

• John Lyder
    John Lyder Member Posts: 11
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Nice workaround! Sure could work for a lot of people, but I hope for a native support in Pipedrive

• Martin_63179
    Martin_63179 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I agree but as you say, it's a good workaround. CIAO

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi @AJ Willoughby unfortunately it's not on the roadmap for the coming period but perhaps the workaround @Martin_63179 shared above could help you too?

• Alex Giess
    Alex Giess Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #8
    Options

Pipedrive would save our team 1 hour/day and remove managing duplicates if it could go into an MS Teams folder and just create a link to the file stored there already similar to what you can do in Outlook

• Mark Rousseau
    Mark Rousseau Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

This would be a game changer for us as well!! We will be cancelling our projects add-on and continue to use Asana or Todoist, you can attach images and files to tasks in their platforms.

• KJS
    KJS Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I would love to ditch Asana and get my team using your projects tool, but I have to agree that the lack of facility to add cover images and files to cards on Kan Ban boards weakens visual recognition and focus. We find it very helpful to see an image of a logo or brand on a card.....it makes things stand out ....otherwise everything becomes visually monotonous. For this reason we will keep using Asana. If you could add it to the product road map for Pipedrive Projects and get it done I think it might greatly add to your UX/UI value. And thinking about it the other way if Asana added contact and relationship management, automated email and communication filing etc to its product we would seriously look at investing more with them

• SpeedRacer24
    SpeedRacer24 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Totally agree with the above. I would find it transformational to be able to add a sort of primary 'hero image' to each card so I can see at a glance what it is (I deal in collectable artworks and antiques. I image this could be useful for realtors or anyone selling products, cars etc etc too). In this day and age I actually find it weird that the use of images in CRM software seems like a secondary afterthought. IMHO every deal or contact or account or product should be able to have a primary 'hero' image that displays in all views wherever practical - so Kanban for sure (like Trello etc), and even as a thumbnail (with 'fill' cell and 'move within cell' optionality) for table view.