Unique Fields for Each Pipeline

David Spear
David Spear Posts: 27

Pipelines by definition are different than each other.  Therefore, we need the functionality to choose what fields we want associated with each pipeline, so when we enter a new pipeline deal, it is only asking us to enter the fields that are really needed for that pipeline and not all fields for all pipelines!

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Thank you for your feedback, @David Spear !

I can tell you that this is a possibility we have been considering, so good news might come in the future. Make sure to join the Research and Beta Testing group if you'd like to be the first to know and possibly incorporate early testing phases of upcoming features.

Meanwhile, a helpful alternative might be to use the Important Fields and mark each specific custom field as important only for it's relevant pipeline/stages.

In any case, I have reinforeced your suggestion internally to our team. 🚀

• David Spear
    edited June 2020 #3

I can tell you that this is a possibility we have been considering, so good news might come in the future. Make sure to join the Research and Beta Testing group if you'd like to be the first to know and possibly incorporate early testing phases of upcoming features.

Meanwhile, a helpful alternative might be to use the Important Fields and mark each specific custom field as important only for it's relevant pipeline/stages.

I haven't found real use for the important field tag.  In addition to having unique fields for each pipeline, you should also not show fields in the detail view with no info.  For now it clutters that view, since I have so many fields that are not applicable  to some pipelines.  since you fix the issue and have unique fields for each pipeline I wpuld want all of them shown to drive behavior to complete all the info for the pipeline.

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2020 #4

You can choose to not have blank custom fields show up in the detail view sidebar. If you mark them as Important in that particular stage, they will still popup at the top of the sidebar, prompting the user to fill them in. I made a quick video demonstration for you, see here.

• Derek Dean
    Derek Dean Posts: 1
    edited June 2020 #5

This is an important topic, because having the ability to create multiple page layouts makes for a more efficient UI. Hunters and Farmers care (and need to) about different things. We can manage dashboard reporting by pivoting off a "type" field...think "new" and "renewal".

• Emilia Kronschnabel
    edited February 24 #6

Yes yes yes. We've been wanting this forever! The ability to choose which fields show with which pipelines would be so awesome. 

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #7

Yes yes yes. We've been wanting this forever! The ability to choose which fields show with which pipelines would be so awesome. 

@Emilia Kronschnabel and @Derek Dean a helpful alternative might be to use the Important Fields and mark each specific custom field as important only for it's relevant pipeline/stages.

• David Spear
    edited June 2020 #8

Hi Ines,

So you are telling me, that if I go through field by field and highlight it as important or not per each of my 10 pipelines, when I go to a deal under a specific pipeline, and pull up the detailed view, it will only show me the fields that I marked important for that specific pipeline, and not all of the other fields - right?     When I click add a new deal, will it only show me the important fields to be entered for that pipeline as well?  Regards, Dave

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #9

@David Spear Not quite:  marking a field as important in a certain stage of the pipeline will make it pop up in the deal detail view if it's left blank, prompting the user to fill it in.

What's going to determine if that same field is always visible in the detail view or not is the setting for "Always show on sidebar".

• Andreas Mose
    Andreas Mose Posts: 5
    edited August 2020 #10

Makes perfect sense. The sole reason for having multiple pipelines is because use the sales process is different in each one, requiring different fields. I was surprised to learn this doesn't come out of the box.

• Lewis Hall
    Lewis Hall Posts: 11
    edited January 2021 #11

I strongly agree - this feature is a must have. Was also surprised it is not possible out the box.

• izzet agoren
    izzet agoren Posts: 3
    edited February 24 #12

has this feature not yet been released? 

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #13

has this feature not yet been released? 

Hi @izzet agoren !

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Stefan Lesicnik
    Stefan Lesicnik Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #14

+1 for this feature please

• William Fraser
    William Fraser Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #15

We have been asking for this for 4 years, but I still hold out hope! I am confused as to why it's not a top priority, we now use Pipedrive for post-sale delivery, we have lots of products and even sub-product pipelines. The field bar is a nightmare :( 

Another +1 for this feature please! 

• Brie Ferullo
    Brie Ferullo Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #16

Yes, we need this feature please!

• Georg Wässa
    Georg Wässa Posts: 25
    Second Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2021 #17

Friendly reminder that we need this feature :-)

• Bromley Sibson
    Bromley Sibson Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #18

Agreed - We have multiple pipelines as the products we offer are very different, and so the information we need to report from on each pipeline is different as a result. Happy to use important fields as a workaround unless there's a time frame that this update might be launched?

• James Campbell_42685
    edited August 2021 #19

Any news on when this feature will be  available?

• Luke Molloy
    Luke Molloy Posts: 3
    edited August 2021 #20

This is highly needed

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #21

PLEASE Pipedrive! This is such a large oversite to not have this feature. 

• Marni Roth
    Marni Roth Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #22

Any word on when this will be resolved?

• Oxon
    Oxon Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 2021 #23

+1 to this

• Rafaella Santos Costa
    edited December 2021 #24

Really need this also! +1

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2021 #25

The silence on this needed feature is brutal

• Marco Benninghaus
    edited April 4 #26

Need it urgently, too!

• Meg Palumbo
    Meg Palumbo Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited April 4 #27

Doing some digging on an update for this feature and found this thread, there are a lot of posts about this feature request. This one seems to have the most comments: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/custom-fields-for-each-pipeline-5f73025f71196641fd35d4b8