Adding Templates to Existing Projects

Options
mhoelzl
mhoelzl Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Our Project life cycle will cross to different departments and does not take the same path every time. I have set up templates to be added into projects once it reaches certain milestones.

I have recently learned this can't happen and isn't on the road map either.

This is crushing to my operation. Trying to manage projects within Pipedrive is only as good as the task/activities driving it. Having to manually add these tasks/activities is killing our efficiency and scalability.  I will need to hire a person that their sole responsibility is to add task/activities into projects.

How to do I submit a formal request to get this on the road map?

Answers

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I agree. Projects has lots of potential but I'm coming to realization that it's just not ready yet and I don't see it being so for some time.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi @mhoelzl

You can consider this your formal request, thank you for sharing. I understand yours and @Josh Buesking's reaction. We'll keep doing our best to bring out the most useful updates 🙏🏻

• mhoelzl
    mhoelzl Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I understand there will be lots of requests for changes and add-ons to the functionality of Projects. What is the process for requests? Will we be notified if this request is selected to be implemented?

This request is for a feature that will make or break us using Pipedrive Projects long term. Knowing where this request falls in the timeline will help to know if we need to just hold on or look for another option. Thanks.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi @mhoelzl

I've logged the request on my side as I do with all requests and will send an email usually to people when something is live they requested and if possible respond on the Community too although sometimes there might be multiple threads going on where things can get lost.

To be completely transparent with you to make sure you don't commit to something that's missing a crucial feature for you then I want to share with you that I don't expect this specific request to fall into this years roadmap unfortunately.

Although perhaps not the answer you were hoping for I hope this will still help you and your team make longer term decisions on your team setup.