Duplicates monitoring

Hi!

Is there a way or a automation to monitor duplicates? We receive leads from our website and if a person signs up for a newsletter and sends us a question through a form, this one person will be created twice in Pipedrive. Is there a way of monitoring all the duplicated entries created?

Thank you!

Answers

• You can set up some automation using Make/Integromat.

You can also use Dedupely to dedupe the records in Pipedrive.

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary

Hi Marcelina!

I’m curious how you have your form and newsletter signup connected to Pipedrive? 

If you use a tool like Zapier, you are able to add a step to Find or Create Person. This greatly reduces the number of duplicates created in situations like these. 

If you'd like to learn more about Zapier, feel free to schedule a time to connect - https://www.opsdesigned.com/contact

Thanks,

Liz

• Ryan Bozeman
    Ryan Bozeman Member Posts: 12
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper Integration Partner

Hi @Marcelina Drozd,

Pipedrive will monitor duplicates using the Merge Duplicates feature, where Pipedrive will look to see if your contacts have the same name and one of the following: the same phone number, the same email address, or are part of the same organization.

This is a good for catching your base layer, clear duplicates in the system.

However, I wanted to mention that Insycle (and full disclosure, I work for them) could help you to catch more duplicates. Insycle allows you to use any Pipedrive field as a potential mapping field, along with advanced matching features such as Exact/similar matching, ability to ignore parts of a field (numbers, letters, whitespace, company suffixes, etc.). You also have full control over the resulting merged master record. You can set it using rules (such as the record with the latest updates is chosen as the master record) and even choose how data is retained on a field-by-field basis if you need to.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan