Add input field validation to web forms

Options
Martin Pozděna
Martin Pozděna Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hello All,

We are currently considering using Pipedrive webforms on our website. Nevertheless, we believe that there should be input validation, especially for email and phone number. Please see below what can be added as email and phone number. We are bit concern that enabling such webform on our website would possibly lead to our CRM being flooded with rubbish generated by Internet crawlers.

Thank you and all the best,

Martin Pozdena

Missing input field validation on Pipedrive webforms 
5ec62c61889a081d42eecd9d_522.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Martin Pozděna , you make a very valid point and I've forwarded it internally so our team can consider your suggestion, as I know we're currently revamping the Webforms feature.

If you'd like to be involved in testing early versions of new features coming up, join our Research and Beta Testing group, where we post all the fresh stuff coming up!

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

We can't currently use Pipedrive forms for this very reason.. and one other.. the ability to disable reCapture.

If you want to use a PD form for example for gathering leads at a busy event, prospective clients don't need the hassle of having to complete that final step, nor to reps if they're collecting lead data in that way.

Finally, a killer feature that Hubspot have is the ability to optionally block submissions from public email addresses i.e. gmail, yahoo etc..  that would be a great validation trick too to ensure you're only capturing valid business contacts.

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options
    Michael said:

We can't currently use Pipedrive forms for this very reason.. and one other.. the ability to disable reCapture.

If you want to use a PD form for example for gathering leads at a busy event, prospective clients don't need the hassle of having to complete that final step, nor to reps if they're collecting lead data in that way.

Finally, a killer feature that Hubspot have is the ability to optionally block submissions from public email addresses i.e. gmail, yahoo etc..  that would be a great validation trick too to ensure you're only capturing valid business contacts.

Thank you for your feedback @Michael !

I spoke to our team who's currently revamping Webforms and I'm happy to tell you that the next version will have the option to not use ReCaptcha - it's something other users have commented on too.

Would you like to be included in the early adopters group when we start rolling out the new webforms? I can ask the team to include you, if you're interested. Let me know!

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2020 #5
    Options
    Michael said:

That would be great @Inês Batata ... thanks

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2020 #6
    Options
    Michael said:

Sent your info to team, you'll be included in the early access group @Michael . 🙂

If you'd like to be involved in testing early versions of new features coming up, join our Research and Beta Testing group, where we post all the fresh stuff coming up!

• Marel Pencev
    Marel Pencev Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #7
    Options

Any progress on this request?