How to add comments to content in a deal?

Beginner question here. So far we have not been able to identify a way for team members to add comments to notes/emails etc. of a deal. 

If someone posts a note, or an email comes in, typically as we used Highrise, we could comment on it and start internally a communication thread. Does this function exist in Pipedrive, and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks very much for any insight. 

Willem Jan.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 9 #2

Hi @Willem Jan Drijfhout , thank you for your feedback!

We are actually currently gathering users to beta-test a feature that will allow users to tag each other in messages within Pipedrive. See here how you can ask to have this early version of the feature enabled in your account. 🚀

Join the Research and Beta Testing group to be the first to know about new features we're working on.

• Willem Jan Drijfhout
    edited May 2020 #3

We are actually currently gathering users to beta-test a feature that will allow users to tag each other in messages within Pipedrive. See here how you can ask to have this early version of the feature enabled in your account. 🚀

Join the Research and Beta Testing group to be the first to know about new features we're working on.

Thank you Ines,

The feature you link to allows to alert team members to notes that you want them to have a look at. However, it does not allow for team members to comment on notes (or other content). 

The lack of such communication ability in Pipedrive comes a bit as a surprise to be honest for a product designed to be used in sales, in 2020. It will likely be a showstopper for us to switch from Highrise to Pipedrive.

If you have any information on if/when this functionality will be available, that would be helpful, but I'm doubtful that it would change our decision. 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Posts: 234 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Employee
    edited May 2020 #4

Hi @Willem Jan Drijfhout  Thanks for the feedback. You're absolutely right! :) 

As mentioned in the original post, this is just the beta and only for users who opt in for testing.  I had also outlined that we're currently working on Comments and in-app notifications (not just email). Like you mentioned, comments are a very important aspect for communication and hence we're building it! :)  

When it's ready to be tested out, I'll be sure to let you know (ETA late June). 

Regards, 
    Vincent

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Posts: 234 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Employee
    edited June 2020 #5

Hi @Willem Jan Drijfhout  Hope you are well. I'm circling back to my original post regarding commenting. Would you be willing to test out the commenting and @mentioning functionality on Notes? We have that in beta right now and would like to get your feedback :) At the moment, the notifications are via email but we're working on the in-app notifications and that should be available in the near future too. Do let me know and I'll turn it on for you.