New: Pipeline-specific Custom Fields 🎛️

Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
edited April 2023 in What's New #1

We are happy to announce that this highly-requested feature is being made available gradually to all regions, starting April 2023!

🚀 What are Pipeline-specific custom fields? 

These are Deal custom fields that you can now choose to show inside specific pipelines. As opposed to having all Deal custom fields show in the detail view regardless of which pipeline the deal is in.

🚀 Who has access? 

Pipeline-specific Custom Fields will be included from the Professional plan and up. Admin users can access and set up the feature for the company.

Comments

• Miles Engle
    Miles Engle Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

When will this be accessible?

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic

Amazing!!! Ive been waiting so long!!! When is this available?

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Thank you!! This is so welcome. Can you let me know how I set this up as an admin please?

• Mauricio Dabdoub_26700
    Mauricio Dabdoub_26700 Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2023 #5

Great news!!! waiting for a while.

Now the developer team should go to the request to have "dependences fields" (main and its dependences), by example: main field list: "color/ city/ model..." dependences field list items (blue, red, .... / New York, London, Miami, ... / Ford, Audi, Porsche, ....) if you choose "color" the dependence list should show the color list and so on.

I have asked for this since a couple of years and I saw many users asking for it, I hope this request can be ready for 2023.

Be in touch,

Mauricio Dabdoub

www.indigotec.cl

• Jordanperrin23
    Jordanperrin23 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Wow!! this is an amazing feature for us! we sell different type of services

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @Graham Cox , the options to set pipeline-specific fields are inside the "Add Field" or "Edit Field" box in your Data Field settings, just above the "required/important fields" options.

The Knowledge Base article on Custom Fields has also been updated to reflect the new settings, have a look here.

• Graham Cox

Thanks, I already found it , thanks Manuel

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic

Hi Guys, is this going to be more granular then it currently is. More so like the ‘important’ fields where it breaks down to pipeline stages? This is what I thought it was and I’ve upgraded my account so I could use it, so a little disappointed, however it is better then nothing, but more granular filtering would be great, as would dependencies. Cheers for the ongoing work you guys are doing on the program.

• Graham Cox
    edited April 2023 #10

Specific custom fields per pipeline is a huge step forward, thanks. But I'd also like more functionality added to it. At the moment I use control + F a lot to find fields. A few new features that would be really useful are:

1 - An auto suggest search bar at the top of the fields. The ability to search for a field or field category/group (see below)

2 - The ability to group or categorise fields with collapsible headings, so it's not just one long list. For example as a mortgage broker, I would love the ability to categorise fields with headings like:

Mortgage

Remortgage

Adverse credit

Buy to Let

Miscellaneous

and so on.

3 - Dependencies. Only show a field if another field is populated, or has a particular value etc.

4 - Sort by or only display populated fields

5 - Sort by or only display unpopulated fields

6 - Sort A-Z, Z-A etc.

7 - Important fields on a pipeline stage basis

Are any of the above in the works/being planned?

Thank you.

• Josh Monifi
    Josh Monifi Member Posts: 89
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

I am really happy to see this feature as it is something we have been asking for for a long time!! Great job Pipedrive team!

But I am pretty bummed that this is only available on the Professional plan and up 😔😫😓