Would you find it helpful to have multiple organizations tied to a contact?

Comments

• Hindrik Raap
    Hindrik Raap Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2023 #152

Same here. We need this desperately!

• Hindrik Raap
    edited July 2023 #153

We need this desperately

• Hindrik Raap

Is there already some news on this? I work a lot with freelancers that do both their own work and work part-time in an organization. The right administration needs to land at the right organization. It will become messy soon if messages are connected to the wrong organization.

• terri@snackstrongfoods.com
    terri@snackstrongfoods.com Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2023 #155

I'd love to know if there has been any success in allowing a single people to be assigned to multiple organizations. I also have the need for this important feature.

Will someone from Pipedrive please give us all a much needed update?

Thank you!

• Monica Pellegrino
    Monica Pellegrino Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2023 #156

This is becoming an issue for our organization as well. We're finding duplicate records in our system which is causing a lot of data clutter. This type of functionality should be offered since many using the system deal with agencies or holding companies that have employees managing/representing multiple clients, or sub-companies. Based on my experience in sales, with the success of Salesforce, one would expect Pipedrive to up it's game, but still remain true to it's mission as a "simple CRM." Not to mention many smaller companies don't have the budget for pricier CRM's and Pipedrive can really come to the rescue here.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2023 #157

Hi @Monica Pellegrino,

Please experiment with Dedupely to deal with the issues of duplicates.

Hopefully it will help a bit with this issue.

• Lucy Meiland
    Lucy Meiland Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #158

October 2022... still really want this feature. Not least to be able to enrich our network data. I want to be able to see who works at a company but who in our network used to work there doing a simple search.

• TomMumf
    TomMumf Member Posts: 6
    5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    edited July 2023 #159

I began using Pipedrive beginning of August -- the company I joined was already 'lightly' using it. I am a huge fan of effective CRMs and this is a good one. I ran into an issue where I have multiple executive leaders being part of multiple companies that are targets for our services and the individual plays a role in the decision-making process at each company. When I looked up this issue, I see it has been articulated as a requirement for many users for well over two and a half years. Can anyone tell me the status of this?

• Andreasp
    Andreasp Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #160

How is this not fixed after 6 threads and hundred upvotes????

• Manuel Fernandez de Canete
    Manuel Fernandez de Canete Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #161

I would like to know how I can link a person to two organizations

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,050 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2023 #162

Hi @Manuel Fernandez de Canete , this is not yet possible, in the mean time you can best create an "organization type" of custom field under the contact persons: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/207228075-Custom-Fields. You can call this for example "second org" then you can save a second org on the contact person details.

Our team is already looking into this and investigating how it can be further improved. I will be sure to register your feedback 📝

• ricoteck
    ricoteck Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #163

It's evident that PipeDrive isn't concerned with customer feedback; they must be doing quite well not to care. It's time to look for an alternative solution. Migrating will be painful, but I know when to move on. It's the little things that have the most significant impact. For everyone else, once I find a suitable alternative, I'll give you a recommendation.

• Jason Deacon
    Jason Deacon Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #164

Seriously, this seems like a simple request and not actioned for years, Admin please give us an update.

• Roberthunter78
    Roberthunter78 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #165

We need this feature ASAP.

We deal with cleaning for a group of Ford car dealerships, and they all have the same manager. Linking them together isn't necessary, so one of the workarounds mentioned above (adding custom fields for multiple addresses) works for this case because they're all the same company. In another case however, we're contracted for a management company to take care of cleaning for different companies and have one parent contact for the MANY various businesses/companies we clean for. I wouldn't want to have that long list of custom field addresses under the same parent contact, I'd want to be able to instead link that parent contact to the different organizations.

This discussion has been requested and unresolved for years...

• TomMumf
    edited July 2023 #166

From early on in the thread of this request, I got the sense to make this change would have major impact to the overall architecture of the application. Apparently, it's not a Trivial update. But that has to be weighed against the customers that feel this is make it or break it requirement. I'm disappointed that it isn't even being rationally discussed with the user-base. Lack of communication can kill a company and their product.

Professionally, I would find this feature to be useful, but it isn't enough of a requirement to 'throw the baby out with bath water', so to speak.

• Jason Deacon
    edited July 2023 #167

@TomMumf I would guess, that early days they tied the unique identifier of the database to the email address which was common practice back in the day, the issue is its not a great way when comes to things like this. Having said that, the organisation should not be dependant on that, and should not be hard to like a contact id to multiple organisations. Would be good for admin to actually have a chat about it though.

• TomMumf
    edited July 2023 #168

You may be correct; what are your thoughts on why Pipedrive isn't addressing this?

• Rob
    Rob Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #169

We have recently started working with Pipedrive. It's amazing how easy it is to use. However, the feature mentioned above would be of great value. We work with property owners that have multiple locations and have separate contracts and administrations for all companies.... Any break through?

• Lorne Epstein
    Lorne Epstein Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2023 #170

I speak at a lot of events run by volunteers. That means they run their association as a side job, and have a paying job. I need to be able to track the people through the association they run but also through their primary organization. Pipedrive tech support has let me know the system doesn't allow people to be associated with more than one organization. When I connect them to one organization, then they get bumped off the other organization. We've been tracking the voluntary organizations as a custom field, but its really not working well, as there is a lot of data to track against the volunteer organization that we lose when its just treated as a add on field. How have folks addressed this problem?

• Petr Bíba
    Petr Bíba Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #171

I agree, we have several organizations in our database that have the same owner. While it is a feature to make a subsidiary or affiliated organization in an organization (which might help a bit), I can't filter them anywhere.

• DoogieWall
    DoogieWall Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #172

Plus one for this issue. We have people who are responsible for multiple branches so being able to link multiple branches to the same person is essential.

• TomMumf
    edited July 2023 #173

I just ran into the need for this today. Two different companies (one a prospect; the other a customer) have my contact as SVP of one and President & COO of the other.

I wish Pipedrive wouldn't go dark on this, rather explain to us that it can't be done (maybe there are trade-offs that they feel are unacceptable), but not addressing each and every comment herein is what I call "going dark" on the issue. Not a good way to be perceived.

• Jason Deacon
    edited July 2023 #174

Couldn’t of said better. This is a simple function that needs to be taken seriously. Along with automations needing to be able to be set team wide rather than each user. It is disappointing that they seem to be non responsive.