Ability to hide fields from details view

There are some fields we use to work out attribution. For instance, name of the campaign referring a customer, name of the source, etc.

These details don't matter much to the sales team, but without the option to hide them from the Details view, it is one more annoying thing to look at (think really long numbers when you use Lead ID, Campaign ID from Facebook Lead gen).

In the data fields setting, it would be nice to have a flag to force hide a field, even if it is filled.

Tagged:
9 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Amit Sarda thanks for sharing. Our team is currently exploring conditional fields. So showing certain fields only in certain conditions. I'll pass on your feedback to them about this.

• Kristiina Siegfried
    Kristiina Siegfried Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #3

Hi! 

Is there a possibility to delete default fields? By deleting I mean not having these fields shown anywhere. Currently, there seems to be a delete option for some of the default fields (eg. Latest web visit and Linked web visitor), but the fields cannot actually be deleted (nothing happens when clicking "delete".

Another option would be a possibility of hiding some default fields completely, so that they wouldn't be visible anywhere. Currently, we have  some custom fields that are showing in the deal detail view all the time, which is great. We have some other "less important" custom fields that are hidden from the deal detail view, but the users can see them when clicking "expand." Now, all these default fields become visible then as well. We have no use for some of them, and therefore it would be great if we could delete or hide them completely. Thanks!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 17 #5

Thank you for the referral @Amit Sarda 😉

@Kristiina Siegfried please check the link Amit posted above and also this post.

Learn all about Important Fields and Required Fields, it will also help you with this. 🚀

Stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

Conditional fields would be great, and answer a lot of questions on the boards about how we can maintain certain fields for different pipelines, hidden fields etc..  

With other CRM tools the concept of page layouts is pretty universal, where you can display different page layouts to different groups of users or at different stages in your process. We still have to use Salesforce alongside Pipedrive to handle quotes and invoices. Our quote to invoice stages will show different fields that only need to be entered in the relevant stages

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #7
    Michael said:

Conditional fields would be great, and answer a lot of questions on the boards about how we can maintain certain fields for different pipelines, hidden fields etc..  

With other CRM tools the concept of page layouts is pretty universal, where you can display different page layouts to different groups of users or at different stages in your process. We still have to use Salesforce alongside Pipedrive to handle quotes and invoices. Our quote to invoice stages will show different fields that only need to be entered in the relevant stages

Thanks @Michael for the additional comments, I'll pass it on to our team working on the area!

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #8

Hi @Amit Sarda thanks for sharing. Our team is currently exploring conditional fields. So showing certain fields only in certain conditions. I'll pass on your feedback to them about this.

+1 for conditional fields

• Athena Pena
    Athena Pena Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021 #9

Am I misunderstanding this? Fields like probability, stage, value, that have nothing to do with the way we work flow, these have to remain visible? I'm new to pipedrive and trying to see if I can make it work. Thank you.

• Anoop Suresh_25117
    Anoop Suresh_25117 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #10

When exactly is this planned to be implemented? Pretty much every basic CRM request is met with the same response - "will pass it on to the team". When do these basic features become reality? After 2 years of using PD, I'm still waiting on this and several other features. After all this time, GApps email aliases still aren't supported.

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #11

Hello!

I have done a little bit of research internally and I was able to find that our team has this on our roadmap for 2021 between Q1-Q2.

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Tomasz Gdynia_47149
    Tomasz Gdynia_47149 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #12

I have the same question as Athena. Some of the fields like "stage" or "label" are completely unnecessary for me. Is it possible to remove/hide them?  

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #13

We are looking for the ability to hide fields so users cannot see them. We use a variety (over 11) of fields for tracking purposes. These only serve to clutter up the experience of our users. They have no need to see them. 

I see many requests on this but never an answer as to if and when this feature will be implemented. 

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #15
    Helio said:

Hello!

I have done a little bit of research internally and I was able to find that our team has this on our roadmap for 2021 between Q1-Q2.

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

We are now going into Q4. Any update?

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2022 #16
    Helio said:

Hello!

@Helio  @Mike van der Valk  Any update on this? 

The abundance of Fields is littering the Pipedrive experience for our users with unnecessary details.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2022 #17
    Helio said:

Hello!

Hi @Eli Glanz I know our team is working on an updated framework for our detail views, I've reached out to the designer in charge, hopefully we can work something out :) 

• Ben Mak
    Ben Mak Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

@Mike van der Valk en @Helio_2884 Do you have an update it's 2023! :-)

• Josh D
    Josh D Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have one older account where default "person" fields such as Birthday, Instant Messager, Notes, etc. Don't exist. This is good - they don't help me.

I have one newer account where those default "person" fields not only exist, but I cannot make them go away.

Seems odd that something as simple as this cannot be addressed. What am I missing? It gets in the way of me getting staff to comply with using the system.

• Justin
    Justin Member Posts: 3
    First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #20

Hello,

I would love the functionality of being able to edit default field names or just be able to hide them from users. Example "set expected close date" would love to hide this field and then make a custom field called "appointment date". OR just be able to change the name of the Default field to Appointment Made.

• Jantize
    Jantize Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 17 #21

Yes, please! I don't need to see the 'set expected close date' or the default 'source'. Adding ability to control/edit/hide default fields would be huge! Also, not sure why we need the small 'email', 'phone', 'address' indicators (see screenshot)

• Louise_B
    Louise_B Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi! I would also like to hide "adress" and "Label" from our detail field. Any idea of when that would be possible?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 17 #23

I believe this would be very beneficial for any "sales" type of company who utilizes it to have the ability to hide, delete, and/or rename these default fields.

• Gingadeng
    Gingadeng Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Any update on this subject? I'm waiting for so long.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 17 #27

@Gingadeng thank you for sharing, I will merge these threads together for higher visibility to our product team