Best way to connect web forms to specific leads..

Options
gavinflood
gavinflood Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I have 2 forms, one for lead prospects, and another for referral partners. I have automations set so when a lead comes in for either lead type, a quick email is sent to them letting the prospect know that I have received their info and will be in contact shortly.

The problem I'm running into is when I manually create a person/lead, the email triggers and sends the intro email as if I haven't met the contact yet.

I would like to know if there is a way to directly connect a form to automations.

For example, if a lead completes my referral partner form, they will only be sent an intro email if they came through that specific form. If I manually create a referral partner with the same criteria, the email will not be sent.

I think the best way to do this is to have the ability to choose "source" in the automation but it doesn't look like that is an option.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Open to using 3rd party apps as well.

I know when I use a Typeform, I can connect a specific Typeform to a process via Zapier. Maybe this is the only way.

Answers

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Can you create a hidden field in the pipedrive form to act as the automation trigger condition?

• gavinflood
    gavinflood Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

It's a great idea, thanks, Graham. Doesn't look like it though. I thought of adding another question to differentiate it from a manual entry, but I'm not sure if its worth it. For the time being, I have linked my Typeform via Zapier and it works flawlessly. Maybe Pipedrive will make updates in the future and I can use their forms then.

I appreciate the reply!