Lead Differentiation

Joop Harrems
Joop Harrems Member Posts: 12
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited August 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Can a lead have different fields shown depending on the type of label I give it?

This can be very handy if you use different types of leads!

According to the Help Center this is not possible right now. Anyone who knows a way to work around this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

I'm afraid this is correct. The fields are the same for all lead types.

However, one workaround could be when you convert the lead into a deal, you could have different types of deals on different pipelines. In the custom field settings, you can customise which fields are displayed on each pipeline. So depending on the pipeline the deal is on you would see a different set of fields.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes

As I always say, abandon the leads functionality, create a new pipeline under Deals called 'Leads' and treat that as a Leads pipeline.

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

I agree that the Lead's functionality can be a bit limiting. But I would still recommend using the Lead Inbox especially if you're using LeadBooster features like web forms to get new leads into Pipedrive that need to be qualified. You can then report on the lead-to-deal conversion rate which you can't do if you have a leads pipeline.

• aydenDamian
    aydenDamian Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #5

I've been exploring the possibility of customizing lead fields based on the type of label assigned to a lead. It would be incredibly useful if I could have different fields shown for each lead type, especially when dealing with various types of leads. However, according to the Help Center, it seems that this functionality is not currently available.

• KianRuben
    KianRuben Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #7

Utilize custom fields or tags to categorize your leads based on their types. Then, you can create different lead views or filters that display specific fields based on these custom categories. This approach allows you to customize the information displayed for each type of lead without directly tying it to the label itself.

• Gideonaxton
    Gideonaxton Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #8

Depending on your CRM's capabilities, you might be able to set up workflow automation that triggers based on the lead's label. This workflow could include actions to change the layout or visibility of certain fields.

• OceanMiller
    OceanMiller Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #9

While exploring Pipedrive's features, I realized that the platform does not inherently support a ability to dynamically change field visibility based on lead labels or types. This functionality could be valuable for users managing diverse lead categories with unique attributes.

• MillerBoone
    MillerBoone Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2023 #10

I deal with diverse lead types, it would be immensely helpful if the platform allowed dynamic adjustments to field visibility and requirements based on the lead labels. Despite searching through the Help Center, I couldn't find a built-in solution for this specific requirement.

• polinkuer
    polinkuer Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I also think it would be extremely helpful if the platform allowed flexible adjustments to field visibility and inquiries based on lead labels. Hope to receive an update soon with many useful features

• testyrisk
    testyrisk Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

@connections puzzle Developing a source of potential customers is equally important. It will definitely increase sales.