Is it possible that there is a bug in the email tracking function?

AgostonvanderMeer
AgostonvanderMeer Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone else meet with this problem? I am pretty sure, that the other party did not open this email a 100 times.

Best Answers

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi @AgostonvanderMeer , another thing that can cause the email tracker to go up is if you open your sent email directly in your email provider, outside of the Pipedrive inbox.

• Leonardo Zimmermann
    Leonardo Zimmermann Pipedrive Team Posts: 89 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    #3 Answer ✓

Hey, @AgostonvanderMeer!

There are multiple factors that can be involved here and that can be creating a high number or openings. These factors range from a one-off error, an antivirus, security tools, etc.

My suggestion in this case is for you to reach out to our Support Team so that your individual case can be looked into and the team can help you understand what might be causing this behaviour.

Thank you :)

Answers

• AgostonvanderMeer

Dear @Manuel Oliveira ,

thank you for quick answer. Still a 100 times seems a bit too much :) . I was wondering, if this email thread is long (with back-to-back answers) - is that maybe make the tracker to go up?

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Akhil_Supermeet.ai Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi @AgostonvanderMeer ,

Try turning off the "show image by default" option in all of the email clients including your team members.

This will help you track it better. But still, if the recipient's client has it turned on, then the open tracking is still under question.

I haven't seen an option in Pipedrive webmail to turn off images. I think this is the issue here @Manuel Oliveira

I've built an email tracker app in the past, grew it to 100k users, and sold it to a competitor. from that experience, my suggestion would be to not depend on email open tracking. Link tracking is something that you can rely on. The only insight that you can get from open tracking is that your email is not going to the spam box.

• AgostonvanderMeer

@Leonardo Zimmermann , @Akhil_Supermeet.ai

thank you guys for your comments and suggestions!