Bulk editing fields from other views

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

I would suggest ability to bulk edit organisation fields, when you are in list deal view.

Today, my use case was: export all contacts, that are under organisations, which have deals in these stages of pipeline

Since there was no possibility of bulk editing, first I created custom field for deals, did filtering and bulk edited them with "key" value. Then I went to organisation, filtered organisations, which have deals with this "key" value in custom field and bulk edited them again with custom field , created on level of organisation. Finally, I went to person list and filtered all people, which has organisation, that has this "key" value in custom field. These went to export.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2022 #2

this would also solve the option of multiple layer filtering in person detail - such that - show me all people which are in the organisations which have these deals in this stages

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Martin Pecha , thank you for your feedback!

As a rule of thumb, I would recommend filtering your data where you want to edit it, which is to say, in your particular use case: if your end goal is to bulk edit People, go straight to the People list view and filter there. Something like this, for example:

Hope that helps! Should save you a lot of work and time. 🚀

• Harald Steindl
    Harald Steindl Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4

Well, this does help with SELECTING all those entries but how to do the actual BULK EDITING? Is there any way other then clicking into each and every entry and edit whatever needs to be edited? 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #5

As a rule of thumb, I would recommend filtering your data where you want to edit it, which is to say, in your particular use case: if your end goal is to bulk edit People, go straight to the People list view and filter there. Something like this, for example:

@Inês Batata Hi, this actually not help in this case as you filter only people representing the deals - I need all people under the organisation, which has this particular deal, that is why I had to do this little trick

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #6

Well, this does help with SELECTING all those entries but how to do the actual BULK EDITING? Is there any way other then clicking into each and every entry and edit whatever needs to be edited? 

in general bulk can be done by selecting the rows, press the bulk button and find the targe field you want to edit

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #7

see here

https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001107949-How-can-I-bulk-edit-in-the-List-View-

">
  • Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #8

Got it, I hadn't realized you wanted to catch all the people listed under those Organizations. In that case your flow is a better solution. Thank you for clarifying, I will forward your suggestion to the team!