🧨 Double Opt In Webform for Campaigns

Comments

• Underlining all the above. Double-Opt-In definitely needs

a) optional automation for high-volume sites and

b) custom e-mail text.

We, for one, aren't on a first-name basis with our clients and therefore can't use your German default e-mail text.

Both requirements would fit nicely into the potential of your not-so-recently deployed auto-campaign feature. I don't understand what is taking you so long.

• Marcelina Drozd
    Marcelina Drozd Member Posts: 32
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2023 #33

Hi,

Is it possible to customize this email template so it matches our CI? Especially the colour of this button. Thanks!

• danielle stickel
    danielle stickel Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #34

I just put in this same request. The email that is generated looks nothing like our brand so the customers may question it.

• edelgadillo
    edelgadillo Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #36

If a contact/person is created from a webform where they have opted in, I'd like to be able to update their marketing status to Subscribed.

• Christoph
    Christoph Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Is there any update on the DOI issue for web forms? We can't fully switch to pipedrive without this mandatory feature.

• michelj
    michelj Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #38

Me too. This is relatively basic. I can bulk change marketing statuses but not automate them. This is the foundation of how a lead magnet works. Please.

• Manuel Aberle
    Manuel Aberle Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Is there something new or a workaround for the DOI problem in webforms? We would like to use pipedrive.

• maxpelz
    maxpelz Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #40

We have certain old contacts that have previously unsubscribed from our Marketing and then later signed up with us again. Currently, they stay as “unsubscribed” even though they have consented to Marketing through the new sign-up. According to PD support, we have to request a double opt-in confirmation.

However, this is currently only possible to do manually, which is obviously not scalable. We need to be able to trigger this request automatically, either from within Pipedrive or via API.

Note that in Germany it's also considered best practice to use Double opt-in from the getgo!

• Johannes
    Johannes Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

@Pipedrive Team

You announced the DOI feature at the beginning of this thread for October 2021. Now, 18 months later, this feature still isn‘t available…what’s going on?

Without that, we can‘t use Pipedrive in EU countries because it hurts the GDPR policies.

It is very annoying that Pipedrive needs so much time to implement it, because we really would like to use Pipedrive for our company.

Maybe someone from the Pipedrive team can update the community about the timeline?

• Ruben Sardaryan
    Ruben Sardaryan Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2023 #42

How do I create a workflow that will automatically invite newly added persons to an email campaign (ideally send them a double opt-in notification)?

• Pipedrive Gurus
    Pipedrive Gurus Member Posts: 37
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2023 #43

Hi there,

we was testing this today and its seems like that this is not possible. You only can set up the marketingstatus by creating a person but non of the options is triggering this opt in mail. So of course you can set him as subscribed by creating him but he never has got a opt in mail. In some cases you can do this but its not a real best practice.

Even with zapier its not possible to send the opt in mail from pipedrive. Maybe there is a solution to send a own opt in mail and you can set a webhook that the informations in the link by clicking the button in the email is triggering a zapier automation where the target is to set up the marketingstatus but we didnt had time to test this scenario.

So there is no easy way. You have to do it by your own manually or you have to find a hard workaround.

• Ruben Sardaryan
    Ruben Sardaryan Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2023 #44

It's very weird that you cannot automatically invite newly added people to get subscribed to the email campaigns.

@Pipedriveadmin perhaps something to add to your product roadmap?

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2023 #45

I agree, the ability to automatically send out an email invite to double opt-in is an industry standard feature. Is this on the roadmap Pipedrive?

• maxpelz
    maxpelz Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

@Janis Rozenblats reiterating the statement by @Johannes. This must be solved! It's obviously not feasible to manually click that `Send request` button for hundreds and thousands of Persons a week just to be able to send campaigns.

• Markus Funk
    Markus Funk Member Posts: 111
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Can't be supported enough!

• Graham Cox
    edited July 2023 #48

Hi Pipedrive, this really should have been built into Campaigns from launch. It's so basic it's ludicrous we have to manually click a button for each lead that comes in to trigger the double optin email.

Is there any way to do this with the API/Zapier? If not, when will you fix this please?

Thanks

Graham

• Graham Cox
    edited June 2023 #50

Hi

These are not so much product ideas as email marketing 101. Please implement urgently as these are so fundamental to email marketing that I'm pretty annoyed I even have to point the following out to you. These should have been in place from day one. But anyway, here goes.

1. Automate double opt-in requests. No other email system on the market expects it's users to click a button to send the request. It's prone to forgetting or delay, all of which lead to reduced double opt-ins.
    2. Allow a url to be specified in the double optin email that the lead gets sent to when they click the verification button/link. So we can send optins to a thanks page, download page etc. Again every other system on the market allows this.
    3. Allow at least some customisation of the double optin email subject line and content. So we can make it a bit more enticing for leads to optin. Again widely supported elsewhere.

If you can't implement these quickly, can I have a refund of Campaigns please? If I'd known how difficult you were going to make it to actually send emails and how lacking in this basic functionality it is, I would never have subscribed.

Thank you.

• Chris from Hamburg
    Chris from Hamburg Member Posts: 14
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited July 2023 #51

@Kreete K I am glad to meet you here. Sorry, but your feedback on opt-in unfortunately makes no sense at all, because this way no opt-in message can be sent and especially the consent cannot be documented. You as team lead in support, if I remember correctly, when will there be a solution here? The issue is unresolved here since September 2022 in another post the issue is discussed since August 2021 and still unresolved !!!! (https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/6884/double-opt-in-webform-for-campaignshttps://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/6884/double-opt-in-webform-for-campaigns)

Why is this not finally solved? It is a really important issue for us as users of Pipedrive in our customer contacts. We are considering to cancel Pipedrive Campaing because it is not useful in the current configuration and creates more problems than solutions. Other CRMs have solved this problem properly for years. Pipedrive is incapable of solving this rather small problem cleanly.

• Chris from Hamburg
    edited July 2023 #52

I completely agree with the discission here: This needs to be solved! It's obviously not feasible to manually click the "Send Request" button for hundreds and thousands of people per week just to be able to send campaigns.

Now once again the question to Pipedrive representatives, where do we go from here? What is the prospect of the solution? What is the way forward here? The issue has been open and there are other post, like you know, which are unresolved since August 2021!!! (https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/6884/double-opt-in-webform-for-campaigns). That is abslut depressing to see. @Kreete K @Aleksandrs Vilums @Markus Funk @Janis Rozenblats

• Pipedrive Gurus
    edited July 2023 #53

No chance to opt in customers directly... even no chance to automatic send an opt in mail... and no chance to set the marketing status with zapier / make or even API

And the deliverability from the mails send with the campaigns tool is soooo bad. Please look into dedicated email server with higher deliverability!

For german customer who are working in B2C the campaigns tool is useless. Even for B2B its almost useless, when you work with small businesses.

• Chris from Hamburg
    edited July 2023 #54

@Pipedrive Gurus Thats so true: "deliverability from the mails send with the campaigns tool is soooo bad. Please look into dedicated email server with higher deliverability!" Please to the Pipedrive representatives, can you also please take car of that !

• Pipedrive Gurus
    edited July 2023 #55

@Chris from Hamburg I bring every customer who asks for email marketing to mailchimp or active campaign. I would love to be able to say: Yeah pipedrive can solve CRM, automation and email all in one! But not possible right now.

Also a big problem is, that its very complicated to create a campaign with different pathes. Like: Did not read send email B, did read but did not click on link send email A, did read did click on link but did not buy (or deal switched to won) send mail C.

But I can work with my solution and can wait. :)

• Pascal
    Pascal Member Posts: 4
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

We did move away from pipedrive to a competitor's solution that does it just like it should. Sorry pipedrive but its just not possible to use in Germany.

• Chris from Hamburg

@Pascal I can understand that completely. We are also looking at other options without Pipedirve.

A CRM provider that has not been able to create an appropriate solution for well over a year is not acceptable to us. Is there any further feedback from Pipedrive on this topic? @Kreete K@Aleksandrs Vilums@Markus Funk@Janis Rozenblats

• Markus Funk
    Markus Funk Member Posts: 111
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Hi Chris,

I second your opinion on this issue and the development time. This request is crucial for German companies, and no one at Pipedrive seems to bothered.....🤬

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2023 #59

You are able to edit in bulk the marketing status of your contacts ;)

• Chris from Hamburg
    edited July 2023 #60

@Lucas MAGNE, please read the question carefully. Always nice when someone writes something without having a plan. It is not possible in Pipedrive to send optin-in automatically or to select X contacts and then send the requests for all of them at once. Each contact must be clicked manually to send the opt-in message. But maybe you as an "ELITE + PREMIER SOLUTION PROVIDER" can ask Pipdrive to solve this.

• MV
    MV Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@Pascal please share where you went, we're also considering leaving because of this.